Home Job Board Rental & Booking Coordinator
|City of Beaumont||
Posted Date: October 31, 2023
Closing Date: November 3, 2023
|Contact||City of Beaumont|
The City of Beaumont is growing and so is our Recreation team! Our team is highly collaborative, professional, fun, and passionate about supporting the vision of a growing, vibrant, and spirited community. Beaumont’s location within the Edmonton Metropolitan Region, provides a variety of rewarding challenges and the opportunity to apply forward-thinking concepts to advance Beaumont’s vision.
The Beaumont Recreation Department is dedicated to providing vibrant and accessible outdoor and indoor recreational spaces for our community. We’re seeking a Rental and Booking Coordinator to help us manage and facilitate the use of our beautiful parks and facilities. If you’re passionate about enhancing recreational experiences and ensuring our community has equitable access to these spaces, we want you on our team!
What YOU’RE Responsible for:
• Schedule, publicize, and promote outdoor sport and recreational amenities
• Reviewing special event applications, considering their impact on the community and the environment
• Following regulations and guidelines to maintain the community’s safety and integrity while facilitating events
• Being the go-between for community groups and the city, ensuring their rental needs are heard and met
• Advocating for mutually beneficial outcomes for both parties
• Coordinating permits, logistical support, and city resources for successful community events
• Helping community groups understand and follow regulations and guidelines
• Promoting fair access for all community members
• Maximizing facility usage through effective scheduling and resource management
• Prioritizing community needs and involving stakeholders for input
• Ensuring compliance with requirements and planning for long-term facility allocation strategies
• Other duties as assigned
What YOU Bring:
• Certificate or Diploma in Recreation or related field
• 3+ years experience in customer service
• 2+ years experience working in Recreation or related field
• 1+ years working with user groups or non profit organizations
• An understanding of facility allocation strategies
• Experience supervising staff
• Strong computer skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
• Experience with recreational software is considered an asset
• Equivalencies may be considered
What WE Offer:
• A salary range of $60,988.20 – $79,552.20 per annum (based on experience and qualifications)
• Employer paid Health and Dental benefits package
• Health Wellness and Learning Spending Account
• Membership to the Beaumont Sport and Recreation Centre
• Enrolment in Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP)
• 35-hour work week (some evening and weekend work may be required)
• And an amazing team to work with!!
If you meet these qualifications, please submit your cover letter and resume as one document by 9:00 AM on 2023-11-03
The City of Beaumont is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. We value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. This means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. Any persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, email@example.com
Information For Applicants:
• Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system only. If you have anhy difficulties, please reach out to our HR department.
• We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
• Final candidates for this position will be required to undergo pre-employment screening, including reference checks, education verification, and a criminal record check.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.