Home Job Board Recreation Program Leader
|City of Leduc||
Posted Date: January 13, 2023
Closing Date: February 13, 2023
Leduc County is looking for an experienced and highly motivated Recreation Program Leader to join our team. Reporting to the Community Program Coordinator, this exciting opportunity assists with running recreation programs, events and day camps. As a member of the Parks and Recreation team, the Recreation Program Leader supports the achievement of the department’s operational deliverables.
The safety of our staff and citizens is our primary concern and we are dedicated to providing and maintaining a healthy work-life balance and environment for our employees.
Leduc County’s mission is to lead the way for people and business to thrive. Our vision is to create a caring and growing community at the centre of industry and agriculture. Leduc County’s operations are guided through our values of:
• Accountability – we look after the best interests of Leduc County citizens.
• Integrity – we follow through on our commitments.
• Passion – we believe in the good that local government can provide and will carry out our roles in a way that shows the importance of local government.
• Responsiveness – we act quickly to provide local programs, services, facilities and amenities that our citizens require.
You are a team and relationship builder who promotes a safe, collaborative, inclusive and fun work environment. You are committed to continuous improvement, customer service, innovation and supporting Leduc County’s vision of growing a vibrant and spirited community.
You enjoy working within the community and bringing people together to through recreational activities. You can handle some moderate physical effort out in the field when needed and you work well with a team but can prioritize and complete tasks independently.
If you are energetic, motivated, and have the ability to interact and motivate a variety of people of various demographics, keep reading because we want to hear from you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Contributes to the operation of the department’s parks and recreation programs by performing work and adhering to technical and municipal standards.
• Assists with the organization of summer programs, events and day camps.
• Helps with set up and cleanup.
• Provides supervision to participants at day camps.
• Adheres to guidelines as set out in Leduc County’s policies and administrative directives.
• Accountable for working in compliance with the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulation and Code and participation in the Health, Safety and Wellness Program.
• Performs related duties as required and assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
Nice to have
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Our leadership team values your voice, input and is committed to your growth and success. We are committed to be our best and hire the best!
This opportunity works variable hours as they assist with recreation day camps, events and other programs, with the possibly of some extended hours to help meet operational requirements.
The office is located at 101-1101 5 St. Nisku, AB.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted on our website at careers.leduc-county.com to be considered. This opportunity will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.