Home Job Board Recreation Manager
|Municipal District of Bonnyville
Posted Date: January 8, 2024
Closing Date: January 10, 2024
|Bonnyville Centennial Centre
Are you a leader who is passionate about recreation, fitness and sports?
Are you enthusiastic about helping others and making a real difference in your community?
Do you want to work as part of a great team?
This is your chance! Take advantage of this unique and dynamic opportunity. Become a part of our Team, to enjoy a fun & exciting atmosphere and competitive wages.
The Bonnyville & District Centennial Centre is seeking an enthusiastic team leader to be our Recreation Manager.
Every day you will facilitate and maintain strong relationships with user groups and the general public, with an emphasis on an exceptional high level of customer guest service. You will manage staff and coordinate resources for our recreation facilities, including our Fitness Centre, Fitness Studio, Cardio Room, Indoor Track, Climbing Wall, Golf Simulator & Indoor Playground. You will also manage the delivery of a variety of community programs, including: recreation, fitness, sports, schools, families, youth, seniors, sports camps, summer camps, tournaments and special events.
To thrive in this role, you must have a background in recreation, fitness & sports, delivering services to the public, have led a multifunctional team and be experienced in the management of recreation facilities.
We are looking for a manager with direct experience in:
• Leading a team in recreation services
• Delivering direct and indirect recreational opportunities and services to the public.
• Building strong positive relationships with community user groups and staff.
• Budget expenditure oversight.
• Finding positive solutions to build relationships with user groups and facility users.
• Implementing recommendations from guiding documents and development of new planning directions.
• Managing contracts and service agreements with service providers to maximize operational and financial performance of recreation facilities.
• Facility management and maintenance, especially in fitness centres.
• Minimum 3 years experience in a related supervisory role in fitness centre facility maintenance and development.
• Post Secondary education in disciplines such as Recreation Administration, Recreation Facility Management, or a related field.
The Town of Bonnyville and MD of Bonnyville together serve a population of over 10,000. Located in the heart of the Lakeland, 250 kms northeast of Edmonton, the community has a diverse cultural heritage & rich natural resources. Bonnyville is the hub for the oil & gas industry and agriculture. Surrounded by lakes and majestic boreal forest, Bonnyville offers a treasure trove of natural wonders.
Salary from: $70,366
The Bonnyville & District Centennial Centre welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Job descriptions are available upon request.
Qualified applicants are invited to forward their resumes, in confidence, to the address below:
Bonnyville Centennial Centre – Human Resources
Unit 1003, 4313 – 50 Avenue
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.