Home Job Board Recreation Leader
|Town of High Level||
Posted Date: July 10, 2023
Closing Date: July 31, 2023
|Contact||Town of High Level|
Reporting directly to the Community Development Manager, the Recreation Leader is responsible for planning and implementation of programs and initiatives that support the development of a variety of recreation programs. This role will also assist with administrative and clerical duties across the Community Services Department. The Employee may be required on an ongoing basis to attend applicable training, workshops, seminars and courses at the discretion of the Employer in order to facilitate job knowledge and performance.
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
1. Work independently or as part of a team to develop, implement and facilitate programs and events for:
2. Take part in all routine office work including;
3. Plan and Deliver Programs, including but not limited to:
4. Assist FCSS and Tourism with planning and delivery of programming and special event, including but not limited to:
5. Facilitate, plan and deliver healthy active living programs within the community. (Example: Healthy After the Holidays)
6. Help facilitate events at the Pool, Arena, Parks and Museum.
7. Work with user groups, public and Sports Complex Manager to facilitate bookings of rentals spaces at the Sports Complex and invoicing accordingly.
8. Assist with the development, coordination and delivery of frequent arts, craft and cultural programming at the various facilities.
9. Grow and maintain partnerships with arts and cultural groups and communities to develop, implement and facilitate arts and cultural programs for the community.
10. Assist FCSS in volunteer recruitment, orientation, supervision, and evaluation.
11. Work in partnership with other agencies, organizations, and community groups to enhance our community.
12. Maintain an effective working relationship with all Town employees, community members, organizations, businesses and volunteers.
13. Participate on community committees as directed by Community Development Manager.
14. Support and assist community groups, agencies, and organizations initiatives to enhance High Level as a better place to live and visit as directed by the Community Development Manager.
15. Support not-for-profit recreation/culture organizations as a town liaison to ensure viability.
16. Collaborate with Tourism Leader to align Recreation Programs with Tourism Opportunities.
17. Provide information, contacts, referrals, and literature to the public in a courteous professional manner.
18. Perform other related duties within the scope and authority of the position, as required.
19. Participate in department and organizational safety meetings, yearly hazard analysis review and facility building inspections.
20. Assist as directed by Community Development Manager in the Emergency Management Plan.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.