Home Job Board Recreation Leader 2
|City of St. Albert||
Posted Date: May 17, 2023
Closing Date: June 17, 2023
|Contact||City of St. Albert|
The Recreation & Parks department is looking forward to another great summer of Cruisin’ Clubhouse and the Roaming Rec Crew engaging with the community at local parks, playgrounds and on the trails throughout the City.
The Roaming Rec Crew is an energetic team of 2-Recreation Leaders travelling by bicycle on City trails and sidewalks spontaneously engaging with residents at public outdoor parks, playgrounds, trails, and green spaces in St. Albert. They promote community connection, free play, nature play, and being physically active through outdoor activities.
The Cruisin’ Clubhouse is a community staple of drop-in play activities for children 3-12Y at 10 different playgrounds each week. This team of 2 will drive the Cruisin’ Van to a morning location and then to an afternoon location each day with sport and activity equipment and crafts they have planned with weekly themes.
Servus Place offers daily drop-in times for children to use their inflatables. Recreation Leaders facilitate this activity and supervise the use of the inflatables during these times ensuring safety and fun are priorities.
The team is currently seeking energetic and motivated individuals to inspire recreation in the community through the Roaming Rec Crew and Cruisin’ Clubhouse programs and inflatable supervision. Our programs incorporate skill development through structured and unstructured primarily outdoor recreation activities. Leaders are paired together and responsible for planning and implementing the activities with the children.
Please visit our website www.servusplace.ca for more information on our programs.
HOURS OF WORK
Weekday shifts (up to 44 hours per week). Summer employment term is June 14 (Training Day), June 24 – August 25, 2023, including Canada Day.
• Standard First Aid/CPR-C with AED certification is required
• Experience planning, leading and supervising activities with children
• Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills are necessary to address and resolve customer inquiries and concerns
• Applicants must possess strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Own, ride, and transport your own bike & CSA approved helmet.
• HIGH FIVE ®PHCD and/or Sport Certifications and NCCP FMS Certification are an asset
• Valid Class 5 Drivers License and clear abstract for driving the Cruisin’ Van
These positions are in receipt of Canada Summer Jobs funding and therefore to be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria outlined by the Canada Summer Jobs program:
• be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment,
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment and,
• have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a clear Vulnerable Sector Police Information check and Child Intervention check.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume via the City of St. Albert Employment website www.stalbert.ca/employment
Open Until Filled
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.