Home Job Board Recreation Infrastructure Coordinator
|City of St. Albert
Posted Date: January 15, 2024
Closing Date: January 28, 2024
|City of St. Albert
As Alberta’s ‘Botanical Arts City’, St. Albert is a community renowned for its botanical arts, its commitment to a green lifestyle and the cultivation of activities that provide for a well-rounded quality of life. Our employees provide over 70,000 residents with high-quality programs and services and are proud to contribute to making St. Albert one of the best places to live in Canada.
The City of St. Albert’s Recreation and Parks department is recruiting for a Recreation Infrastructure Coordinator who is responsible for the day-to-day oversight, planning and safety of operations and maintenance functions for assigned recreation infrastructure. Primary responsibilities are to ensure the operation of the facilities are performed with high regard for the safety of the public users, and, in compliance with all legislative requirements, in a cost-effective manner, and by employing sound operating and maintenance practices collaboratively within the infrastructure team.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Recreation Infrastructure, the position ensures that effective maintenance, and operational functions are performed on life safety, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, ice plant, alarms, building structure, building grounds, annual maintenance shutdowns, and opening and close out of seasonal facilities. Ensures that maintenance is performed as per established preventive maintenance, lifecycle and capital project schedules.
Assists the Supervisor, Recreation Infrastructure in the development, coordination and implementation of short and long-term maintenance programs, ensuring projects are carried out in a cost-effective manner with minimum impact to users. Continuously strives for improvement by monitoring and analyzing services to determine the optimal service delivery for the community, balancing customer service and fiscal responsibility.
The role is also responsible for the recruitment, hiring, training, scheduling, supervision, and performance management of both permanent and casual staff including three Recreation Infrastructure Technicians.
HOURS OF WORK
Compressed work schedule of 72 hours bi-weekly (Monday – Friday, with a regular day off (RDO) every two weeks). The incumbent is required to participate in an on-call schedule rotation and be available on evenings and weekends to provide support and troubleshooting in case of emergency.
• Two-year Diploma in a technical field such as Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering combined with 3 years of related experience, including supervisory experience OR Journeyperson Trade Ticket in HVAC, Plumbing or Electrical and 3 years of related experience in public building facility operations, including supervisory experience.
• Swimming Pool Operator Level 1 required, and Pool Operator Level 2 is preferred
• The ideal candidate should have significant experience in facility operations and maintenance, especially in recreation facilities. Desirable skills include financial and procurement management, proficiency in using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), and knowledge of trades/technical areas for effective communication.
• A solid understanding of OH&S legislation and building codes is crucial, along with a customer service focus. Familiarity with current technologies and regulations in the facilities industry is necessary.
• The candidate must possess strong leadership and communication skills, diplomacy for collaborative relationships, and negotiation and conflict resolution skills for effective interaction with stakeholders.
• Applicants must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
$70,532 – $86,809 per annum. In addition, the City of St. Albert offers a comprehensive benefit package including a defined benefit pension plan.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory police information check.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume via the City of St. Albert employment website www.stalbert.ca/employment
CLOSING DATE: January 28, 2024
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.