Home Job Board Public Works Summer Labourers
|Town of Redwater||
Posted Date: February 3, 2023
Closing Date: March 31, 2023
|Contact||Town of Redwater|
PUBLIC WORKS SUMMER LABOURERS
2 Temporary Employment Positions – May to August
The Town of Redwater is a progressive and action-oriented municipality that is poised for significant growth. Located just 5 minutes north of Alberta’s Industrial Heartland and 35 minutes northeast of Edmonton, Redwater offers many benefits of a rural lifestyle but with immediate access to all urban amenities. This full-service community provides excellent recreation, culture, education, and health care services to area residents. Please visit our website to learn more about our great community: www.redwater.ca.
Our team is seeking two Public Works Summer Labourer positions reporting directly to the Operations Supervisor. This position will be responsible to assist the Public Works department as required with a variety of duties related to water, sewer, natural gas, roads, streets, and green spaces including:
• Maintenance duties on roadways, lanes, sidewalks and parks
• Erecting and maintaining signage
• Maintenance duties on parks as required (including grass cutting and weed whipping)
• Operating and servicing Town equipment as required
• Cleaning of debris where required
• Working outdoors at various work sites
• Following the Town of Redwater Health and Safety Program Guidelines
• Valid Class 5 Motor Vehicle Operators license and driver’s abstract required
• Criminal Record Check is required
• Experience with the operation of equipment an asset
• Effective verbal and written communications skills
• The ability to work well in a team atmosphere as well as alone with little to no supervision
• Physical capabilities including lifting, twisting, and walking
• Effective time management skills
A detailed position description is available on our website: www.redwater.ca
These are temporary summer positions consisting of a 39.5 hour work week for the months of May to August.
Please forward a cover letter, resume, and three work related references to:
Karin Pollard, Administration Assistant
Town of Redwater, Box 397, Redwater, AB, T0A 2W0
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: (780)942-4321 Ph: (780)942-3519
Deadline for submissions of resumes is March 31, 2023.
The Town of Redwater thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.