Home Job Board Programs & Services Supervisor
Posted Date: February 6, 2023
Closing Date: February 17, 2023
|Contact||Human Resources, Town of Morinville|
The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing centre for the surrounding rural community.
The Town of Morinville is currently seeking a permanent full-time Programs & Services Supervisor to join our team. Reporting to the Manager, Community Services, this position is responsible for the Guest Services area and to provide planning, coordination, and delivery of all Fitness and Wellness programs and services offered by the Community Services. Working closely with the Manager of Community Services, the incumbent will provide crucial input into the budget, strategic and business planning for the department. This position will provide leadership and supervision to a team of Client Service Representatives, Facility Monitors, and Contracted Fitness Staff at the Morinville Leisure Centre (MLC) and Morinville Community Cultural Centre (MCCC) year-round and is considered a key operations position within our Community Services Team.
• Participate in hiring and development of new employees, performance reviews, performance management, scheduling, time entry review, and overtime authorization.
• Responsible for developing, monitoring, and reporting budgets, for Guest Services and Fitness & Wellness areas.
• Oversees all aspects of cash handling for Community Services, including operational protocols and training.
• Develop a full complement of Fitness and Wellness programs, classes, and services for all ages year-round.
• Analyze and utilize demographic information, regional research and partners for program planning, trends, and new initiatives.
• Prepare relevant reports and business case documentation in consultation with the Manager of Community Services.
• Provide exceptional customer service and coordinate customer acquisition, retention, and recognition strategies.
• Develop and implement accurate print and digital content for Community Services in collaboration with the Communications Department.
• Ensure compliance with all Town policies, work procedures, rules, safety instructions, and relevant directives in the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulation, and Code.
• Post-Secondary education in Physical Education, Kinesiology, Recreation, Office Administration, or related field. Degree preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in Fitness, Wellness, or Recreation Program Planning, and/or Office Administration and Customer Service.
• Fitness Certification – Group Exercise, Resistance Training, or Personal Training is required.
• Current First Aid, CPR, and AED certification and a Valid Class 5 Drivers Licence is required.
• Experience in the development and management of a program budget.
• Experience in a municipal environment or recreational facility is considered an asset.
• Exceptional customer service, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and Recreation Management Software (i.e., Rec Desk, Active Net or IntelliLeisure)
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy along with a high level of initiative.
• Effective leadership, supervision, time management and organizational skills.
• The successful candidate will be required to provide a vulnerable sector criminal record check and drivers abstract as a condition of employment.
Application Deadline: Friday, February 17, 2023, at 12:00pm (noon)
Submit resume and cover letter quoting
“Comp # 202306-PSS” to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125 100 Avenue, Morinville, AB T8R 1L6
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 780-939-5633 | Web: www.morinville.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The Town of Morinville values and supports diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.