Home Job Board Program Leader
|City of Spruce Grove||
Posted Date: April 28, 2023
Closing Date: May 14, 2023
|Contact||City of Spruce Grove|
The City of Spruce Grove is a fast growing, dynamic city committed to building and maintaining a fiscally responsible community that serves our residents, attracts visitors and promotes future growth. Through the actions of the Values We Live By, accountability, communication, leadership, integrity and respect are encouraged, while maintaining a work, play balance.
This position leads and implements City offered quality programs within Program Portfolios (e.g. Camps, Youth, Arts & Culture, Drama, Sport) for various ages, abilities and interest, by delivering programs based on prepared lesson plans and itineraries. Through the delivery of programs, the incumbent provides positive experiences for a variety of ages and abilities, through high standards of supervision, professional interaction, prioritizing safety and integrating creativity. Grounded in key principles and standards such as (but not limited to) High 5, Developmental Assets Framework, Fundamental Movement Skills, Creative Youth Development and Playwork Principles. This position received day-to-day supervision and direction from the Program Coordinator and reports to the Program Specialist.
• Finalizes program plans and prepares all required supplies, equipment, forms and where required confirms special guests and field trip contacts.
• Provides high-quality, programs that meet identified program outcomes, standards and requirements.
• Creates and fosters a safe, welcoming environment for all participants, their parents/guardians and other contributors.
• Lead program participants and other volunteers or subordinate staff in a professional, safe and engaging manner.
• Ensures a safe, clean programming space, prior, during and following a program.
• Successfully completes pre-program training courses as required.
• Supports any and all programs or events assigned, including Canada Day and other special events.
• Represents the corporation through expected behaviours and standards, including uniforms and identification.
Administration & Program Support
• Completes all required forms, reports and other administrative tasks.
• Completes required janitorial and cleaning of work spaces where required.
• Supports the Program Coordinator where required.
• High School Diploma (Asset)
• Enrolled in a Post-Secondary institution in a related field (education, recreation/kinesiology, fine arts, social work, etc). (Asset)
• Minimum of one (1) year experience in child/youth related program delivery. (Asset)
First Aid Certification is required.
How to Apply
Apply online here.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.