Home Job Board Parks Summer Labourer
|City of Beaumont||
Posted Date: March 9, 2023
Closing Date: March 21, 2023
|Contact||City of Beaumont|
Come work with us! Employment with the City of Beaumont offers an opportunity to make a positive difference in the community! We are a forward thinking organization focused on continuous improvement, innovation, and exceptional customer service; redefining what a City can be. Our Beaumont team is collaborative, professional, and passionate about supporting the vision of a growing, vibrant, and spirited community.
The Parks Team is seeking up to 19 hardworking and motivated Labourer for the 2023 summer season. Reporting to the Team Lead of Parks a Labourer is responsible for a variety of tasks including:
• Operate various equipment and machinery for vegetation management, artificial turf management, road rights-of-way, park reserves and public land.
• Planting, dead heading, watering flowers and trees, pruning, and removing dead trees, shrubs, and noxious weed
• Assisting the Roads team with repairs, construction, and maintenance of sidewalks, trails, roads, drainage and water projects.
• Providing daily cleaning, inspection and maintenance to park amenities, equipment, and playgrounds
• Aiding residents and teammates in a friendly and courteous manner
• Inspecting and maintaining vehicles and equipment
• Adhere to guidelines set out in the City of Beaumont policies and administrative directives
• Other duties as related and assigned
• Must be over 18 years of age
• Current Standard First Aid & CPR
• Valid driver’s licence
• WHMIS Certification
• Related experience in parks operation and maintenance considered an asset
• Experience with operating power equipment, lawn care machinery and hand tools considered an asset
• Landscaping/horticulture experience, carpentry and painting skills considered an asset
As the successful candidate you will have the ability to:
• Meet the shift requirements; shifts may include evenings, weekends and holidays (weather dependent and up to 40 hours per week)
• Work in all weather conditions
• Lift heavy equipment and materials up to 23 kilograms (50 lbs.)
• Provide a clear Criminal Record Check
• Provide a driver’s abstract that demonstrates responsible and safe driving behaviour
• Communicate effectively and work as part of a team
• Multi-task and prioritize the workload efficiently with minimal supervision
• Provide approved safety boots
• Adhere to all safety standards and promote Beaumont’s health and safety program
This term position offers a wage of $18.36 per hour and up to 40-hours per week. The term length is weather dependent but is anticipated to be from April 24 to September 2, 2023, but may be subject to change. Interested persons should submit a cover letter and resume, indicating the Job ID number in the subject line (23-18).
This posting will be used to fill multiple positions and will remain open until filled. We will begin reviewing applications on March 22, 2023. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
Apply online at https://cityofbeaumont.applytojob.com/apply
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.