Home Job Board Parks Program Supervisor
|City of Leduc
Posted Date: February 2, 2024
Closing Date: February 22, 2024
|City of Leduc
Posting ID: JR373
Parks Program Supervisor
Temporary, Full-time (40 hours/week)
Term: April – August, 2024 with flexible start date
$23.20 – $29.00 / hourly
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect, and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a temporary, full-time Parks Program Supervisor for our Recreation Programs Department.
About the Opportunity:
The Parks Program Supervisor reports directly to the Recreation Programs Coordinator. This position is responsible for managing and implementing daily Parks programming, including the research, development, implementation, evaluation, and reporting for all Parks programs and staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Daily delivery of structured and unstructured Parks programming with a wide array of age-appropriate activities
• Respond to evaluations, comment cards, and customer feedback on the Parks programs, staff members, and schedule
• Create, write, adapt, and prepare program plans and necessary prep including but not limited to shopping lists, supply lists, room requirements and staff scheduling
• Manage and create strategies to minimize the error with constant interruptions, multitasking and multiple projects on the go
• Provide direct leadership, feedback and mentoring to staff and volunteers
• Research, develop and implement innovative, comprehensive and effective training manuals, schedule and ongoing programs for staff and volunteer
You are an ideal candidate if you have the following:
• High School Diploma
• First Aid/CPR certification is required
• A valid driver’s license
• Minimum of six (6) months of direct leadership, programming and implementation of recreation programs
• Strong communication skills to interact with parents, participants and staff in a professional and friendly manner
• Proficient in Microsoft Suit applications
• Must be willing to provide a current Criminal Records Check-Vulnerable Sector, at own expense
To apply, please visit our website at www. leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 11:59 PM (MT) on February 22, 2024. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.