Home Job Board Parks Operations Crew Leader
|City of Airdrie||
Posted Date: April 21, 2023
Closing Date: May 5, 2023
|Contact||City of Airdrie|
As one of the fastest growing cities in Alberta, the City of Airdrie is a recognized leader in building a vibrant and sustainable community through innovation.
At the City of Airdrie, incredible opportunities happen every day in a flexible work environment that is tailored to each department. Our inclusive culture and values create a workplace where we welcome aspiring, driven and creative individuals to help us accomplish our business and community goals. We are supportive of one another, and we have fun while we serve our community. We are passionate about improving the lives of our residents through care and respect; that is the foundation of our organization. At the City of Airdrie, we learn, grow and accomplish great things together.
If you have a passion for building a better community and are ready to join the excitement, we’d love to hear from you!
The Parks department maintains public green spaces, outdoor recreational facilities and ensures that a diverse parks system is maintained to the highest possible standard while ensuring opportunities for active and passive leisure that will enhance quality of life for individuals and the community.
The Parks department is looking for one (1) permanent full time Operations Crew Leader. Primary accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
• Act as a crew leader for green space zone
• Perform maintenance of outdoor open space, of all parks, boulevards, cemeteries and other City property
• Perform general labourer duties in a horticulture/landscaping environment
• Winter duties will include snow removal, ice maintenance and outdoor maintenance of open space
• LHAP (Landscape Horticulturist Apprenticeship Program) certification or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years’ horticultural experience
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence required
• Level One Swimming Pool Operators Certificate would be an asset
• Playground Safety Inspection course would be an asset
• Proven leadership skills
• Strong problem solving, decision making and conflict resolution skills
• Strong communication, relationship building and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated tact and diplomacy in order to establish strong and successful working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Effective public relations skills to tactfully interact with the public
• Ability to perform heavy manual work in all types of weather
Along with a competitive compensation program and City paid health and dental premiums, this position also includes:
• Excellent health, dental, paramedical and benefits plan
• First-in-class pension plan
• Career development and tuition reimbursement
• Employee discounts, annual adult Genesis Place pass, social events and health & wellness initiatives
Continuous learning through training and development is encouraged as are flexible work arrangements, when possible. We recognize that our people work best when they feel engaged in their environment and appreciated for their efforts and our overall benefits package reflects that.
This full time position (40 hours per week) includes a comprehensive benefits and pension package.
Summer schedule will be four (4) days on for ten (10) hours with three (3) days off. Winter schedule will be five (5) days on for eight (8) hours with two (2) days off.
Work is done primarily outside under all weather conditions.
Candidates are invited to apply online at www.airdrie.ca.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.