Home Job Board Parks Laborer I
|City of Leduc||
Posted Date: January 31, 2023
Closing Date: February 7, 2023
|Contact||City of Leduc|
This position has been deemed safety-sensitive by the employer, and as such is subjected to reasonable cause and post-incident drug and alcohol testing.
Wage: New Employees – $17.53 per hour. Returning Employees – $17.53 – $21.45 per hour
Shift: 40 hours per week, able to work a flexible schedule – 7 day/week rotation
Term: May 2023 – September 2023
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect, and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting a temporary, full-time Parks Labour I for our Parks and open spaces department.
About this Opportunity
The Parks Labourer I report directly to the Leads of Parks and Open Spaces. This position is required to operate Parks and Opens Spaces-related equipment such as push mowers, lawn trimmers, brooms, rakes, and various other hand tools. The Parks Labourer I also will perform labor type tasks under the supervision of the Leads or other full-time staff members.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Participate in hands on training and orientations of parks related equipment.
• Perform a variety of labor-related duties requiring experience in the execution of related assignments, as assigned by the supervisor.
• Operate hand tools for specific Park areas such as turf, playgrounds, cemetery, and multi-ways.
• Learn the operational knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety and its’ application to the department.
• Provide first responses to a customer request in the field or relay information to the appropriate supervisor.
• Assist full-time Parks staff with assigned tasks as required.
• The Parks Labour I must be of good physical health in order to work outdoors regardless of weather and must have the ability to continuously use hand tools and lift heavy objects. This position requires proper PPE as appropriate to the performance of duties.
You are an ideal candidate if you have the following:
• High School Diploma is required.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with less than six (6) demerits is required.
• First Aid certification is an Asset.
• Experience operating small equipment and hand tools is an asset.
• The ability to work flexible hours, including occasional weekends.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload efficiently.
• Ability to work with various groups of people both internal and external.
How to Apply
Apply online at https://www.leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 12:00 am (MT) on February 7, 2023. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be selected.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.