Home Job Board Park Officer (Seasonal)
Posted Date: January 9, 2024
Closing Date: February 15, 2024
Leduc County is looking for an experienced and highly motivated seasonal Parks Officer to join our team. Reporting to the Community Facilities Coordinator, this exciting opportunity educates visitors on park rules and bylaws, monitors adherence and provides enforcement. As a member of the Parks and Recreation team, the Parks Officer is a key contributor to the achievement of the department’s operational deliverables.
The safety of our staff and citizens is our primary concern and we are dedicated to providing and maintaining a healthy work-life balance and environment for our employees.
Leduc County’s mission is to lead the way for people and business to thrive. Our vision is to create a caring and growing community at the centre of industry and agriculture. Leduc County’s operations are guided through our values of:
Accountability – we look after the best interests of Leduc County citizens.
Integrity – we follow through on our commitments.
Passion – we believe in the good that local government can provide and will carry out our roles in a way that shows the importance of local government.
Responsiveness – we act quickly to provide local programs, services, facilities and amenities that our citizens require.
You are a team and relationship builder who promotes a safe, collaborative and professional work environment. You are committed to continuous improvement, customer service, innovation and supporting Leduc County’s vision of growing a vibrant and spirited community.
As Park Officer you love the outdoors and are enthusiastic and dedicated to making the park enjoyable and safe for all our guests. You have excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, strong leadership skills, problem solving skills and the ability to maintain the campground and facilities. You enjoy educating people about park rules and bylaws and can handle frequent physical effort such as lifting, moving or pulling heavy objects on a regular basis. If you excel in customer service and if problem-solving, quick adaptability to change, and working safe is second nature to you, keep reading because we want to hear from you!
What you will do
– Contributes to the operation of the department’s parks programs by performing work and adhering technical and municipal standards.
– Enforces and tickets park bylaws, policies, registrations, park passes, day use, and parking violations.
– Performs guest evictions as required.
– You ensure that the campground is kept presentable everyday for the enjoyment of all our customers in the campground and day use park by monitoring and performing daily campground inspections.
– Contributes to the water sample testing and maintenance inspections programs.
– Collects weekly drinking water samples and records daily drinking water tests.
– Completes daily mechanical inspections of the water shed, shower house and concession and weekly inspections of the septic system.
– In the event of an emergency, secures the area and provides assistance as required.
– Assists with the operation/maintenance and park special programs.
– Perform janitorial and maintenance duties during busy time periods and when those staff are not on duty.
– Assists with season opening and closing maintenance of the campgrounds.
– Adheres to guidelines as set out in Leduc County’s policies and administrative directives.
– Accountable for working in compliance with the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulation and Code and participation in the Health, Safety and Wellness Program.
– Performs related duties as required and assigned.
What you need to succeed
A high school diploma, proficiency with various computer programs and a valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s license.
Nice to have
Enrollment in a correctional, social, community and/or protective services program or related discipline and first aid certification and experience in park operations are assets.
What’s in it for you
Our leadership team values your voice, input and is committed to your growth and success. We are committed to be our best and hire the best!
We offer a competitive hourly wage between $21.14 – $26.42. This opportunity is seasonal, full-time and is 40 hours per week scheduled shift work which will include evenings and weekends. Jubilee Park Campground is open 7 days a week. There is the possibly of some extended hours to meet operational requirements.
The work location is Jubilee Park Campground on Wizard Lake.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted on our website at careers.leduc-county.com to be considered. This opportunity will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.