Home Job Board Park Maintenance Worker (Seasonal)
Posted Date: January 11, 2024
Closing Date: February 15, 2024
Leduc County is looking for an experienced and highly motivated seasonal Park Maintenance Worker to join our team. Reporting to the Community Facilities Coordinator, this exciting opportunity maintains the condition and appearance of the grounds, equipment, and facilities at the County campground sites. As a member of the Parks and Recreation team based out of the Jubilee Park Campground, the Park Maintenance Worker is a key contributor to the achievement of the department’s operational deliverables.
The safety of our staff and citizens is our primary concern and we are dedicated to providing and maintaining a healthy work-life balance and environment for our employees.
Leduc County’s mission is to lead the way for people and business to thrive. Our vision is to create a caring and growing community at the centre of industry and agriculture. Leduc County’s operations are guided through our values of:
Ÿ Accountability – we look after the best interests of Leduc County citizens.
Ÿ Integrity – we follow through on our commitments.
Ÿ Passion – we believe in the good that local government can provide and will carry out our roles in a way that shows the importance of local government.
Ÿ Responsiveness – we act quickly to provide local programs, services, facilities and amenities that our citizens require.
You are a team and relationship builder who promotes a safe, collaborative and professional work environment. You are committed to continuous improvement, customer service, innovation and supporting Leduc County’s vision of growing a vibrant and spirited community.
You enjoy working outdoors and take pride in the condition and appearance of the grounds, equipment, and facilities at the County campground sites in which you maintain.
If you excel in customer service and if problem-solving, quick adaptability to change, and working safe is second nature to you, keep reading because we want to hear from you!
What you will do
• Contributes to the operation of the department’s programs by performing work and adhering to technical and municipal standards.
• Inspects and operates various equipment and machinery in order to maintain park grounds, facilties and amenities.
• Assists the custodial staff by providing sanitation services (trash and recyclable collection, public buildings and outhouses, campsites and grounds).
• Contributes to the Parks’ preventative maintenance programs by inspecting and maintaining park facilities.
• Provides patrons and visitors with park information as requested.
• Assists with season opening and closing maintenance of the campgrounds
• Adheres to guidelines as set out in Leduc County’s policies and administrative directives.
• Accountable for working in compliance with the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulation and Code and participation in the Health, Safety and Wellness Program.
• Performs related duties as required and assigned.
What you need to succeed
• A high school diploma, proficiency with various computer programs and a valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s license.
• A service focus with good communication and interpersonal skills is required in order to communicate clearly (both verbally and in writing), ensure mutual understanding and encourage teamwork in the implementation of duties.
• The ability to follow verbal and written instructions and procedures, prioritize tasks and work independently is required.
• Proven achievement of results is key to success in the role.
• Must be able to provide consistent, friendly, professional customer service
• A valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s license is required.
Nice to have
• Basic knowledge and skills in maintenance tasks including carpentry, plumbing, electrical and basic vehicle/ equipment mechanics.
• Basic knowledge and experience with hand and power tools is an asset.
• Experience in the use of a chainsaw is also an asset.
What’s in it for you
Our leadership team values your voice, input and is committed to your growth and success. We are committed to be our best and hire the best!
We offer a competitive hourly wage between $19.14- $24.62. This opportunity is seasonal, full-time and is 40 hours per week scheduled shift work which will include evenings and weekends. Jubilee Park Campground is open 7 days a week. Must be available for on-call variable shifts and overtime. This position is anticipated to start on April 29, 2024 and end on or about September 2, 2024. There is the possibly of some extended hours to meet operational requirements.
The work location is Jubilee Park Campground on Wizard Lake.
Applications must be submitted on our website at careers.leduc-county.com to be considered. This opportunity will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.