Home Job Board Operations Supervisor
Posted Date: February 17, 2023
Closing Date: March 3, 2023
|Contact||South Fish Creek Recreation Association|
The South Fish Creek Recreation Association (SFCRA) is a not-for-profit organization that operates Cardel Rec South; a very busy community recreation facility. We are proud to offer our community four ice arenas, gymnasiums, eight multi-purpose rental/program rooms, and a variety of recreation programs. In addition, we have numerous tenants whose services complement our mandate.
We are proud to be an equal Partner in the delivery of services and operations of the South Fish Creek Complex, a multi-partner recreation, education and library complex located under one roof in the Shawnessy Towne Centre.
Reporting to the General Manager, this position provides operational leadership in the provision of high quality maintenance, guest services, safety and facility oversight at SFCRA. In addition, the Operations Supervisor is accountable for the enforcement of quality cleaning standards and monitoring the preventative maintenance of equipment and scheduling staff as well as ordering and maintaining material and supply inventory. This position is required to be available and on call for after-hours response, and could be required to work evenings, weekends and Statutory Holidays.
Specific accountabilities will include:
• Assist with the development and management of the Operations Department budget
• Assist Operations Manager in lifecycle maintenance and capital planning
• Conduct daily activities in a leadership role, assisting peers with the completion of tasks and resolve operational issues
• Ensure staff are training and follow safe work practices in accordance with all OH & S processes and procedures and ensure any deficiencies are documented, communicated to the staff and provide resolution and recommendation to ensure safe workplace
• Performance management of staff: oversee training, development, coaching and feedback
• Complete staff schedules, provide direction on efficient staffing plan and continue to evaluate
• In conjunction with Operations Manager, take on a leadership role, effectively planning, directing and ensuring operational tasks are completed as scheduled
• Monitor and manage refrigeration plant in accordance with the established maintenance schedule to ensure proper operation of the refrigeration, HVAC, water and hydronic systems for connected facilities; monitor system readings and alarms and record critical information; perform initial troubleshooting and minor maintenance; and take appropriate action
• Coordinate and ensure shift building control checks; complete shift reports; report any operational problems; and monitor, identify and troubleshoot potential problems in a timely and organized manner with Operations Manager
• Perform equipment monitoring and preventative maintenance assignments in accordance with schedules and requirements including changing Olympia blades, replacing bearings and bushings and greasing equipment.
• General building repair and planning
• Ensure a safe environment and a positive experience for all patrons; assist users and facility renters, and ensure the interaction with the patrons is professional
• Establish and maintain good team relationships by assisting staff and guests, fostering and promoting a cooperative and harmonious working environment to ensure the needs of users are met
• Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates outside of core hours— Providing information or direction to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, text, e-mail, or in person.
• Duties as required or assigned
• Minimum of seven (7) plus years related recreation facility experience
• Five (5) plus years of supervisory experience
• Minimum certification Arena Operator 2, or equivalent
• Minimum certification of Building Maintenance 2, or equivalent
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and email
• Must be willing to handle those long days when they occur.
• Strong staff management, including, scheduling, time approval, performance evaluations, development
• Knowledge of provincial regulations related to recreation facilities
• Knowledge of refrigeration equipment and general facility maintenance protocols and procedures.
• Knowledge of preventative maintenance programs and procedures
• Ability to perform the physical duties of the position
• Ability and willingness to work shift work, weekends and evening hours
• Ability to communicate effectively in a responsible and professional manner
• Possession of a valid Standard First Aid, C.P.R, Level C and AED certifications
• Criminal record Clearance, including Vulnerable Sector Search will be required
Competition #OPSSUP202314 Closes at 4 pm, Friday March 03, 2023
How to Apply
Applicants are asked to submit their resume in person, or by email to email@example.com indicating the competition # in the subject line.
Cardel Rec South/SFCRA thanks all applicants; Interviewing and hiring may commence prior to the posted closing date; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.