Home Job Board Mind Body & Special Populations Programmer
|City of St. Albert||
Posted Date: February 27, 2023
Closing Date: March 10, 2023
|Contact||City of St. Albert|
The City of St. Albert’s multi-purpose recreation facility Servus Credit Union Place (www.servusplace.ca) is a place where people of all ages come together. With over 320,000 square feet of leisure and fitness space, there is something for everyone.
We are currently seeking a Mind Body & Special Populations Programmer to join our Fitness and Wellness team for a one-year term assignment.
Reporting to the Fitness and Wellness Coordinator, you will be responsible for the planning, design, and delivery of structured Mind Body (yoga, pilates, flow, fusion) and Special Population (pre/postnatal, progressive disease/disorders) programs for children, youth, senior, adults and families. Using your strong understanding of the industry and emerging trends, you will evaluate existing program offerings and develop new opportunities. You will work with the team to ensure balance between structured programming and spontaneous use offerings.
You will be responsible for the direct supervision of 30+ program instructors, including recruitment, orientation, scheduling and providing performance feedback.
Your responsibilities also including ensuring the consistent delivery of outstanding customer service to facility guests, promoting programs, assisting with registration procedures, compiling statistics and directly managing a program budget. The Programmer will provide seasonal input of all programs into program software system, create and prepare brochure information, marketing and promotional materials.
The individual we seek has the ability to set priorities and balance a number of projects at the same time, demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills, is adept at problem solving and is passionate about coaching and leading a team of people to achieve results.
• A degree in Physical Education, Recreation, Kinesiology or related required.
• A minimum of three (3) years of experience, preferably with an emphasis on the areas of fitness service management and delivery, fitness and wellness programming and marketing.
• An equivalent Diploma and five (5) years experience may be considered.
• Budget and financial management experience.
• AFLCA Fitness Leadership or CanfitPro or CSEP or NSCA accreditation is mandatory.
• A current Standard First Aid certificate with CPR-C is mandatory.
• CSEP- CPT (Certified Personal Trainer), CEP (Certified Exercise Physiologist) and/or other related certifications would be an asset.
• Certifications and designations that relate to the Mind Body and Special Populations are assets and if aren’t already obtained, are expected to complete over time while in the position.
• Strong computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office and program operating software.
$68,812 –$84,692 per annum. In addition, the City of St. Albert offers a comprehensive benefit package.
HOURS OF WORK
We offer a compressed work schedule of 72 hours bi-weekly. This is a Monday through Friday work schedule that will require flexibility to accommodate daytime and evening shifts.
This is a term position from May 2023 to May 2024, with the potential for an extension.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a clear vulnerable sector police information check.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited submit their cover letter and resume via the City of St. Albert career website www.stalbert.ca/employment
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.