Home Job Board Manager of Recreation and Parks
|Town of Peace River
Posted Date: November 24, 2023
Closing Date: December 31, 2023
|Town of Peace River
The Town of Peace River seeking an experienced individual for the Manager of Recreation and Parks position, within the Community Service Department.
Every day you will facilitate and maintain strong relationships with user groups and the general public. You will manage staff and coordinate resources for our recreation facilities, including the new Baytex Energy Centre (ice rink and
fieldhouse), Peace Regional Pool, and the parks and sports fields. To thrive in this role, you must have a background in recreation, delivering services to the public, have led a multifunctional team and be experienced in the management of recreation facilities.
The Town of Peace River has a population of just under 7,000. The Recreation and Parks team is responsible for the pool, ice rink/fieldhouse, Skatepark, Water park, ball diamonds, sports fields over 200 acres of green spaces/parks, 11 playgrounds, 5 outdoor rinks and 17 km of paved trails.
We are looking for a manager with direct experience in:
• Delivering direct and indirect recreational opportunities and services to the public.
• Building strong positive relationships with user groups and staff.
• Budget expenditure oversight.
• Finding positive solutions to disagreements with user groups and facility users.
• Implementing recommendations from guiding documents and
development of new planning directions.
• Clarifying and quantifying levels of service.
• Managing contracts and service agreements with service providers to maximize operational and financial
performance of recreation facilities.
• Facility management and maintenance, especially in arenas, pools and sports fields.
• Minimum 5 years experience in a related supervisory role in facility
operation, maintenance and development.
• Post Secondary education in disciplines such as Recreation
• Administration, Recreation Facility Management or a related field.
• Class 5 Drivers License is required.
• Alberta Level 1 Arena Operator Certification and/or Alberta Level 2 Arena Operator Certification is considered
• Pool operator certification Level 1 and/or 2 is considered an asset.
• Sports field maintenance experience is considered an asset.
The Town of Peace River welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages application from all qualified candidates. Job descriptions are available upon request.
Qualified applicants are invited to forward their resumes, in confidence, to the address below (quote Competition # 23/020).
Manager, Employee Services
We thank all participants for their interest, however only those who are
selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.