Home Job Board Manager of Programs
Posted Date: November 28, 2023
Closing Date: December 16, 2023
|Information, Parks Foundation Calgary
|Parks Foundation Calgary
Parks matter to Calgarians. They are cherished places where we play, connect with each other, and immerse ourselves in nature. Parks development is vital to the creation of healthy, innovative, and liveable cities. For more than 30 years, in collaboration with our cherished donors and partners, Parks Foundation has been a catalyst in pioneering and creating outdoor spaces in our city that we love and value.
As Manager of Programs, you will lead Parks Foundation programs granting and community support programs. Your daily responsibilities will involve guiding communities through the park development process, ensuring their active participation in our Project Support Program, and fostering relationships critical to Parks Foundation’s fundraising efforts.
• Oversee Parks Foundation’s grant and community support programs (the Project Support Program, Equity Program, Building Communities Program, Amateur Sport Program, and Stella Conceptual Drawing Grant Program).
• Enhance programs through annual reviews, developing yearly program plans, and creating process documentation.
• Generate monthly summary reports exhibiting program activity and progress.
• Conduct an annual program survey for all clients and grant recipients.
• Ensure effective marketing and promotion of the programs.
• Directly supervise two full-time Program Coordinators who provide coordination support for programs:
• Handling community inquiries and facilitating access to programs and services.
• Administering grants, managing applications, tracking grants, and coordinating Committee meetings.
• Coordinating and tracking volunteers for community-led projects.
• Assisting in fulfilling annual reporting requirements to program donors and partners.
• Supporting program marketing efforts.
External Grant Applications and Partner Development
• Actively pursue and secure Project Support Program partnerships with community groups interested in fundraising and constructing new park or sport projects.
• Research and apply for external grants beneficial to our programs and community partners, meeting necessary reporting requirements.
• Maintain and grow relationships with key funders and partners.
Partner Relations and Development
• Participate in community meetings and events to advocate for Parks Foundation’s grant programs and services.
• Attend community volunteer days, park opening celebrations, and recognition ceremonies.
• Engage as a member of the leadership team by attending management meetings and providing organizational insights.
• Contribute to strategic and annual planning processes.
• Stay updated with professional knowledge, engaging in educational opportunities.
• Foster a collaborative team culture by helping colleagues when needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Post secondary education in business, leadership, fund development or non-profit management.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in management roles.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for work.
• Preferred experience with fundraising databases (e.g., e-Tapestry, Raisers Edge).
• Proficiency as an analyst and report writer using Excel and other Microsoft tools.
• Excellent communication, negotiation, and community engagement skills.
• Strong organizational abilities and the capability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
• Knowledge with writing grants or coordinating a grant program will be considered an asset.
At Parks Foundation Calgary, we are dedicated to fostering an inclusive work environment that values diversity in backgrounds, skills, and experiences.
Location and Work Hours:
This role primarily operates from our office at 225 13 Avenue SW, Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Flexibility in hours and occasional weekend/evening work may be required based on project needs.
How to Apply:
Email your cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Hiring Manager, email@example.com
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.