Home Job Board Manager of Parks
Posted Date: January 31, 2023
Closing Date: February 17, 2023
|Contact||The City of Camrose, Human Resources|
|Phone||(780) - 672 - 4426|
|Address||5204 – 50 Avenue, Camrose, AB T4V 0S8|
An excellent opportunity exists for a highly motivated Manager of Parks to join our dynamic and committed team. The Manager of Parks will be responsible for all management, planning, development and operations of the Parks Section of our Community Services Department. This position reports to the General Manager of Community Services and has 10 direct reports and approximately 32 temporary summer seasonal positions.
FUNCTIONS/DUTIES (but not limited to):
• Planning, developing and administering both Operational and Capital budgets for the Parks Section.
• Ordering, purchasing and managing of all equipment required for Parks Operations.
• Provide strong leadership within the Parks work unit.
• Responsible for the recruitment, scheduling, supervising, managing and performance management of Parks employees.
• Coordination of Cemetery Operations.
• Coordination of pest control, herbicide and pesticide applications.
• Coordination of tree, grass and natural spaces care.
• Coordination of recreation trail and walkway maintenance and development.
• Coordination of winter trail and recreation walkway maintenance.
• Coordination of Parks infrastructure care.
• Coordination of outdoor skating rinks.
• Other miscellaneous associated duties.
• A post-secondary degree in Recreation Administration or a combination of equivalent education and experience may be considered.
• Certification in Turf Management and Arbor Care or previous knowledge and experience is an asset.
• Pesticide License (landscape, industrial, rodent) or knowledge of the Pesticide License requirements and legislation.
• Memberships in ISA Prairie Chapter, ARPA and RFP considered an asset.
• Strong background in Health and Safety. Program certification considered an asset.
• Experience with collective agreements considered an asset.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer service approach.
• Experience in public presentations and report writing.
• Demonstrated professionalism and well-developed leadership skills.
HOURS OF WORK: Hours of work are typically 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday with some weekend and evening flex time required.
ANNUAL SALARY: The City of Camrose has a progressive salary and benefit package. The starting salary for this position will be established based on qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
APPLICATIONS: Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit (mail or email) a cover letter and resume to the address above by February 17, 2023 at 4:30 p.m. We appreciate and consider all applications; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.