Home Job Board Manager of Parks & Recreation
Posted Date: January 31, 2023
Closing Date: March 13, 2023
|Contact||Town of Three Hills|
If you’re passionate about providing recreational health and well-being to our thriving community and interested in working in an engaging and rewarding environment, join our team.
The Manager of Parks and Recreation will have sound knowledge of recreation and will be integral in the operation of the Centennial Place Arena.
This position offers a rewarding and motivating work environment where you will lead a skilled and dynamic team.
Under the direction of the Director of Community Services, some of the duties and responsibilities include:
• Oversee and assist in the daily operation and maintenance of the Arena including but not limited to, making, and removing ice surfaces, operation and maintenance of an Olympia ice resurfacing machine, refrigeration plant checks, and minor repairs
• Liaise with local and non-local user groups for bookings and programming within the public town facilities
• Coordinate and oversee the year-round operations of Town facilities with a solid operational and maintenance program
• Manage multiple priorities and demonstrates effective leadership
• Ability to make decisions with integrity and professionalism while serving the overall vision and values of the Town
• Research and provide analysis, make recommendations, and submit reports
• Monitor funding opportunities to improve existing and expanding recreational infrastructure
• Assist in the development of RFPs and RFQs for capital purchases
• Ability to develop, train, coach, motivate, evaluate, and discipline staff to sustain optimum productivity and continuous improvement
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Experience in the operation of an Ice Arena, including ice-making and maintenance theories is required
• Arena Operator Level 1 & 2 Certificates are required
• 2-3 years of recreation management experience in a municipal government organization or similar setting
• A diploma in the field of Recreation, Physical Education, Kinesiology or Environmental Sciences or equivalent is an asset
• Alberta Pesticide Applicator Certificate or willingness to obtain
• Experience in staff supervision in a unionized environment
• Proficiency in report writing, budget management, time management, defining goals and objectives and priority setting
• Knowledge and understanding of effective advertising and promotional techniques
• Valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license
How to Apply
Please email resumes to Human Resources at email@example.com referencing “Manager of Parks and Recreation” in the subject line. Please include a cover letter demonstrating how your qualifications meet the advertised requirements. A current driver’s abstract and a Police Information Check will be required by the successful candidate upon acceptance of the position.
The Town thanks all applicants for their interest. The Town is an equal opportunity employer, and all applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements.
Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
The posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.