Home Job Board Manager, Aquatic Services
|City of Leduc
Posted Date: February 2, 2024
Closing Date: February 19, 2024
|City of Leduc
Manager, Aquatic Services
Permanent, Full-Time – 35 hours per week
$106,906.80 – $133,624.40 / annum
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect, and Leadership guide our team’s work to support community wellbeing and connection, making Leduc a place where people want to live, work and play.
Come work with us!
• Are you an Aquatics professional who embraces a fast-paced environment?
• Are you a strategic thinker who loves to build and support high-performing teams?
• Do you have a passion for public service and making a positive difference in a community?
What is the opportunity?
The Manager, Aquatic Services reports directly to the Director, Recreation Services. This position is based out the Leduc Recreation Centre and is responsible for the management and oversight of the delivery of aquatic services and the operation of indoor and outdoor aquatic facilities.
Are you the leader we’re looking for?
Whether you’re providing strategic advice to senior leaders, mentoring a dynamic aquatics team, or working collaboratively with partners to maintain high operational standards to align with corporate and council strategic priorities, you maintain high standards of integrity, innovation, and planning. Your team, peers and customers describe you as a trusted leader who exemplifies collaboration, customer service and strategic thinking.
What will you do?
• Provide leadership, mentorship, and guidance to a team of Aquatic Coordinators
• Ensure that training programs are in place to support the extensive, specialized and often unique training and development needs of the aquatic services team
• Resolves customer service items in a timely and effective manner, plan and facilitate community and stakeholder engagement activities to research, measure and report on community aquatic needs and performance
• Oversee the development, implementation, evaluation and marketing of a range of aquatic services and programs
• Develop, monitor, evaluate and report on program and operational goals and objectives
• Develop workforce strategies to ensure that staff resources are optimized to meet service levels, are responsive to shifts in community needs, while maximizing efficiency
• Collaborate with leaders across the organization to ensure a high standard of facility cleanliness, effectiveness of preventative maintenance programs and to ensure regulatory compliance with public health standards, building codes and industry best practices
What do you need to succeed?
You are an ideal candidate if you have the following:
• Undergraduate degree in recreation, physical education, business administration or related discipline or an equivalent combination of post-secondary education and five (5) years of directly related experience
• Additional management or leadership accreditations relevant to a municipal government context are considered an asset
• Current or previous first aid & lifeguarding awards or past certifications at the instructor or trainer level, in many of the following areas: water safety, lifeguarding, First Aid, Aquatic Fitness and pool operations
• Minimum five (5) to six (6) years of experience in a leadership / supervisory role in aquatic recreation administration, preferably in a public recreation facility setting
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with aquatic facilities, pool systems and programs
• Proven results orientation and ability to collaborate and engage others to achieve common goals
• Experience leading a dynamic and diverse team including coaching, mentoring and providing technical guidance
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders and decision-makers
• Experience working in a municipal government environment is an asset
• Must be willing to provide a current Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records Check at own expense
• Competitive salary
• LAPP pension
• Comprehensive health, dental and wellness benefits, including a generous healthcare spending account
• Professional development opportunities
• Starting at 4 weeks’ vacation per year
• Annual City of Leduc recreation pass, including access to free drop-in programs
If this sounds like you, please apply through our website at www. leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 11:59 PM (MT) on February 19, 2024. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be selected.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.