Home Job Board Labourer 3 – Golf Course/Facilities
Posted Date: March 9, 2023
Closing Date: March 24, 2023
|Contact||The City of Camrose|
|Address||5204 – 50 Avenue, Camrose, AB T4V 0S8|
The City of Camrose is seeking an energetic and reliable individual for the full-time permanent position of Labourer 3. This is a shared position between the Golf Course (middle of April – middle of October) and the Facilities Section (middle of October – middle of April) of the Community Services department. These dates may vary from year to year. This is a unionized position under CUPE Local 1425 and is inclusive of a trial period as per the Article 12.05 of the Collective Agreement.
FUNCTIONS/DUTIES (but not limited to):
• Occasionally directly supervise staff by carrying out responsibilities in accordance with all Camrose Golf Course and City of Camrose policies and procedures. This will include planning, assigning and performing irrigation, mowing and landscaping activities.
• Work with the Manager of Golf Course Grounds to communicate daily, weekly and monthly landscaping / irrigation tasks.
• Mentor and train staff to perform minor irrigation duties.
• Monitor maintenance and repair of irrigation and pumping equipment to ensure proper operation.
• Monitor the operation of pumps and drainage systems to ensure their operation.
• Operation of golf grounds equipment – mowers, loaders, aerators, sod cutters and pumps.
• Perform scheduled facility maintenance and custodial duties.
• Liaise with members of the public and organizations.
• Perform and support event and program set-up and tear-down in various facilities.
• Operate mechanized equipment of moderate complexity.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Reliable with a strong work ethic with the ability to work independently or in a team setting.
• Turfgrass Management Diploma or experience in a similar golf course role considered an asset.
• Training and background in commercial or golf irrigation considered an asset.
• Knowledge of the rules and etiquette of golf considered an asset.
• Ability to exert moderate physical activity – lifting up to 50lbs.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with the public and contractors in a professional manner.
• Work experience and formal training in building maintenance (including custodial services) and customer service would be considered an asset.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Valid Class 5 driver’s license required.
HOURS OF WORK: Hours of work for the Facility Section include shift work that totals up to 80 hours every two weeks. Work shifts will vary and be on a rotating basis, including early morning, late evening, weekends, and statutory holidays. Hours of work for the Golf Course include 8-hour weekdays and 4-hour shifts every second to third weekend that totals to 80 hours every two weeks. (Morning start times will vary depending on the time of year).
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS: Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to the address below by March 24, 2023 at 4:30 p.m. If applying by e-mail, please ensure job position is included in subject line. We appreciate and consider all applications; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.