Home Job Board Junior Guard/Instructors
|Town of Redwater||
Posted Date: February 14, 2023
Closing Date: March 31, 2023
|Contact||Anne-Marie Cholach, Recreation Facility Administrator, Town of Redwater|
|Address||Town of Redwater, Box 397, Redwater, AB, T0A 2W0|
The Town of Redwater is a progressive and action-oriented municipality that is poised for significant growth. Located just 5 minutes north of Alberta’s Industrial Heartland and 35 minutes northeast of Edmonton, Redwater offers many benefits of a rural lifestyle but with immediate access to all urban amenities. This full-service community provides excellent recreation, culture, and education and health care services to area residents. Please visit our website to learn more about our great community: www.redwater.ca.
Our team is seeking a Junior Pool Guard/Instructor to assist the management team and Senior Pool Guard/Instructors to provide quality swimming programs at the Redwater Outdoor Swimming Pool. Reporting to the Pool Manager, duties will include but are not limited to the following:
• Ensure safety of patrons in the pool and facility
• Guarding and swim instruction
• Assist with pool programs and special events
• Assist with the maintenance, cleaning and operation of the outdoor swimming pool
• Accept payments for admission fees, lesson registrations and pool rentals
• Staff will be expected to work alternating evening/weekend shifts
• 16 years of age or older
• National Lifeguard-Pool and/or Red Cross Lifeguard
• Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor/Examiner Certificate (Life Saving Society-LSI) or Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certificate (WSI)
• Current First Aid/CPR Certificate (Level C) and/or Aquatic Emergency Care
• Positive public relations skills
• WHIMIS certification is an asset
• Criminal Record Check is required
Salary range for this position is based on level of education and experience.
A detailed position description is available on our website: www.redwater.ca
How to Apply
Please forward a cover letter, resume and three work related references to:
Anne-Marie Cholach, Recreation Facility Administrator
Town of Redwater, Box 397, Redwater, AB, T0A 2W0
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph: (780)942-3555 Fax: (780)942-4415
Apply before: March 31, 2023
The Town of Redwater thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.