Home Job Board Head Lifeguard
|City of Camrose||
Posted Date: September 14, 2023
Closing Date: September 22, 2023
|Contact||The City of Camrose|
WE ARE NOW RECRUITING A HEAD LIFEGUARD FOR OUR AQUATIC FACILITY!
Are you passionate about aquatics recreation? Are you a certified Lifeguard and Instructor? Put your lifesaving and lifeguarding skills to work with the City of Camrose Aquatic Centre. We are looking for an energetic and dedicated individual to fill the permanent full-time position of Head Lifeguard.
FUNCTIONS/DUTIES (but not limited to):
• Perform duties as a Lifeguard.
• Provide leadership, training and supervision to team members.
• Provide instruction and supervision for aquatic activities.
• Assist in the maintenance of the aquatic facility.
• Administrative tasks.
• Intermediate First Aid.
• Lifesaving Instructor or equivalent.
• National Lifeguard certification.
• Pool Operator I.
• Minimum two (2) years aquatic experience.
• Dedicated and reliable with a strong commitment to teamwork.
• Strong public relations and communication skills.
• Lifesaving Instructor considered an asset.
• Intermediate First Aid Instructor considered an asset.
• Lifesaving Swim Instructor Trainer considered an asset.
• Pool Operator II considered an asset.
• Aqua Fitness Instructor considered an asset.
• Lifesaving Sport Coach considered an asset.
HOURS OF WORK: The hours of work for this permanent position are 37.5 hours per week; specific work schedule may vary and can include morning, day-time, evening, and/or weekend shifts. Successful candidates will be required to teach various swimming lessons that fall on evenings and some weekends.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The City of Camrose offers competitive salary, attractive benefits, and a positive work environment. The starting salary for this position will be dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
APPLICATIONS: Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to the address below or in person by September 22, 2023. If applying by e-mail, please ensure job position is included in subject line. We appreciate and consider all applications; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
City of Camrose – Attention: Manager of Aquatics
Aquatics Centre Location: 5600 – 44 Avenue Camrose, AB
Mailing Address: 5204 – 50 Avenue, Camrose, AB T4V 0S8
P: 780.672.9909 | E: email@example.com | W: www.camrose.ca
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.