Home Job Board Fitness Instructor
|City of Leduc||
Posted Date: March 30, 2023
Closing Date: April 12, 2023
|Contact||City of Leduc|
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect, and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting a permanent, full-time Fitness Center Instructor for our Wellness Services department.
About this Opportunity:
The Fitness Instructor reports directly to the Wellness Services Coordinator. This position is responsible for planning, leading and instructing group fitness classes. The Fitness instructor is responsible for designing safe and effective class plans and monitoring participants to ensure safety and correct exercise techniques. They also are expected to enhance member experience by providing an inclusive and engaging workout in a group setting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide modifications (regressions and/or progressions) needed by class participants
• Make sure that class plans include elements consistent with the description of the program and demonstrate a sound knowledge of training principles and exercises
• Be knowledgeable about other LRC programs and Services
• Make an effort to build positive relationships with participants
• Set up and ready 10-15 minutes prior to start time
• Be available for participant questions before and after class
You are an ideal candidate if you have the following:
• High School Diploma is required
• Group fitness certification in appropriate stream through either AFLCA, CanFitPro or YMCA Canada is required
• Standard First Aid & CPR-C is required
• Additional specialty certification (CSEP-CPT, NCCP Coaching, Physical Literacy Training, Zumba, martial arts, mind/body) considered an asset
• Six (6 ) months to one (1) year previous experience instructing groups, preferably in a municipal setting.
• Must be willing to provide a current Criminal Records Check at own expense.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our website at www. leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 11:59 PM (MT) on April 12 , 2023. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be selected.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.