Home Job Board Fitness Centre Lead Attendant
|City of Red Deer||
Posted Date: May 24, 2023
Closing Date: May 31, 2023
|Contact||Red Deer Polytechnic, Fitness and Sport Services|
The Fitness Centre Lead Attendant is an enthusiastic, customer service, staff leadership position that will support the day-to-day operations of the Fitness Centre, promote, and provide information to members and guests of the Fitness Centre and maintain a clean and safe environment for all users of the facility. This position is a leadership role that works closely with the Fitness Centre Operations Coordinator on equipment maintenance, general operations, staff scheduling, Fitness Centre policies and procedures as well as building relationships with members, athletes, and the community. This position will support the Fitness Services Operations Coordinator’s overall leadership of the Fitness Centre Attendant team by role modelling job duties and safe work practices, excelling in leadership, supporting staff training, dealing directly with client concerns, and supporting strong team morale in the Fitness Centre.
The Fitness Centre Lead Attendant supports the Strength & Conditioning Coordinator with program execution and delivery to clients. This position works closely with the Fitness Centre Operations Coordinator by acting as a leader in the growth and operations of Fitness & Sport Services at the Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre as well as working collaboratively on community wellness programming and initiatives. The Fitness Centre Lead Attendant, if AFLCA certified, may teach fitness classes if requested to do so by the Fitness Centre Operations Coordinator. The Fitness Centre Lead Attendant will provide excellent customer service to all patrons and guests of the Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre. This position works collaboratively with the Sport Services Team by supporting and aligning operations, programming, supporting RDP Athletics and other events that occur in the facility.
Responsibilities include the following:
* Opens and closes Fitness Centre as per posted operating hours, cleans equipment and returns equipment to designated areas.
* Assists with facility and equipment maintenance by advising the Coordinator of any machines and or/equipment that require service and support the booking of service calls for equipment as directed by the Coordinator.
* The Fitness Centre Lead Attendant is responsible for ensuring the day-to-day cleaning checklist is completed in the Fitness Centre. This will include mopping around the equipment, dusting, and other duties as required.
* The Fitness Centre Lead Attendant supports the Personal Trainers and the Strength & Conditioning Coordinator in program execution and delivery with clients. Works closely with Fitness Services Operations Coordinator to build an equipment maintenance and lifecycle program to ensure maintenance and operations of the Fitness Centre is effective and at a high standard.
* Monitors the safe and effective use of the Fitness Centre, running track, spin zone, squash courts, multipurpose room, movement studio and patio.
* Responsible for coordinating squash court bookings.
* Promotes facility activities and supports the delivery of events.
* The Fitness Centre Lead Attendant will provide periodic coverage at the Guest Services Desk for breaks and unexpected absences as required.
* During peak periods, the Fitness Centre Lead Attendant may be asked to support the delivery of service throughout the Centre.
* Provides support to the Coordinator with staff scheduling, program scheduling, and operational planning.
* Provides exceptional customer service both on the phone and in person.
* Listen to client concerns with empathy and act appropriately with an empowered and customer experience driven response.
* Provides information on fees, hours of operation, classes and assists with general promotion of all services within the Centre.
* Uses technology and software systems to facilitate service and operations in the Centre including court bookings, youth orientations, classes, sales, individual program design, membership tracking, etc.
* The Fitness Centre Lead Attendant, if AFLCA certified, may teach fitness classes if requested to do so by the Fitness Centre Operations Coordinator.
* Acts as the team lead by answering questions regarding Health & Wellness, and providing mentorship and leadership for any member issues, comments and/or complaints.
* Assists the Fitness Services Operations Coordinator in designing, delivering, and customizing community outreach activities, workshops, seminars, fitness programs, and presentations for various clientele (businesses, schools, not-for-profit agencies, healthcare groups, on-campus groups, etc.), and support special events as required.
* Identifies, establishes, and maintains strong relationships with the strategic goal of strengthening the connection between Red Deer Polytechnic members, students, staff, alumni, tenants, user groups and the community.
* The Fitness Centre Lead Attendant works closely with the Operations Coordinator to ensure the Health and Safety of the Fitness Centre and the overall facility.
* High school diploma or equivalent to about 12 years of schooling.
* CPR Level C.
* Over two (2) up to three (3) years relevant experience.
* Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Mechanical aptitude.
* Proven customer service excellence.
* Experience with a variety of sports, ideally with post-secondary athletics and a variety of sports organizations.
* Strong computer proficiency, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Experience with inventory management.
* Experience with Fitness Centre management, expertise and provincial legislation.
* Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
* Experience with the creation, implementation, and ongoing evaluation of procedures.
* Demonstrates initiative and creativity in problem solving.
* Demonstrates strong organizational and planning skills.
* Consistently manages multiple deadlines and priorities.
* Excellent oral, written and analytical skills.
* Effective change management attitudes and skills are required.
Red Deer Polytechnic offers a comprehensive benefits package including extended health and dental care through Blue Cross, access to a health spending account, pension plan, Employee & Family Assistance Program, generous vacation allotments, credit tuition waivers and opportunities for professional development funding. Additional time off due to Institution closures between Christmas and New Year general holidays.
*Eligibility to access the above mentioned benefits dependent upon the AUPE Collective Agreement and related RDP policies.
Focused on advancing the economic and social priorities of Alberta, Red Deer Polytechnic (RDP) provides more than 80 industry-relevant programs within a breadth of credentials to approximately 6,300 credit and apprenticeship students and 3,400+ learners with Extended Education programming. With modern teaching and learning spaces, and state-of-the-art research and innovation centres in advanced manufacturing and energy innovation, the Polytechnic provides applied research opportunities, leadership in the social, economic, and cultural development of Alberta, and myriad lifelong learning opportunities.
Red Deer Polytechnic’s main campus is located on Treaty 7, Treaty 6 and Métis ancestral lands. This is where we will strive to honour and transform our relationships with one another.
Whatever brings you to Red Deer Polytechnic, we are glad you are here. And we look forward to having you as a valued member of our polytechnic community.
How to Apply
Apply online here.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.