Home Job Board Finance & Corporate Services Supervisor
|City of Spruce Grove||
Posted Date: April 24, 2023
Closing Date: May 7, 2023
|Contact||TransAlta Tri Leisure Centre|
Be part of a team that believes in living life to the fullest. At the TransAlta Tri Leisure Centre (TLC), we are committed to being a regional leader in healthy, active lifestyles by inspiring our communities to join the vitality journey.
Finance and Corporate Services Supervisor (Permanent, Full-Time)
The TLC is seeking an energetic, team-focused professional to join our dynamic organization. Are you a leader who believes that culture and people – both patrons and employees — drive strategy? Do you like diversity in your career? Does work/life balance appeal to you? Then this is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced recreation and wellness focused work environment.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Finance and Corporate Services Supervisor will demonstrate strategic leadership, business, and finance acumen, along with sound judgment. You will have the ability to present complex ideas effectively and have strong negotiation skills. Your core value will be one of building relationships within a diverse setting.
• Accounting – AR, AP, journal entries, bank reconciliations, ATM deposits
• Monthly and annual financial reports
• Receiver General and statutory remittances
• Annual audit and reporting
• Plan, budget and long-term forecasts
• Support departments with budget development and management
• Supervise 2-person team
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
• Full cycle payroll support
• Contract management (leaseholders, janitorial and IT)
• Manage insurance claims and equipment depreciation
You will have a minimum of 5 years direct finance, budget and supervision experience. A relevant undergraduate degree or diploma is ideal. You can work independently and possess strong communication, verbal and written skills. Accounting and payroll software experience is a significant asset, along with expert level Excel skills and knowledge of legislative reporting requirements. Prior to start of employment, the successful candidate must provide evidence of a clear criminal record check, along with Intermediate (Standard) First Aid/CPR/AED certification taken within the last two (2) years.
What We Offer
• 100% employer paid benefit plan
• Local Authorities Pension Plan
• Professional development opportunities
• Free TLC membership and program discounts
and 40% membership discount for family
How to Apply
Forward Application by email to:
TransAlta Tri Leisure Centre
221 Jennifer Heil Way
Spruce Grove, AB T7X 4J5
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.