Home Job Board FCSS Adult & Seniors Programmer
|Town of Morinville||
Posted Date: August 31, 2023
Closing Date: September 30, 2023
|Contact||Town of Morinville|
FCSS Adult & Seniors Programmer
The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing centre for the surrounding rural community.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced FCSS Adult & Seniors Programmer to fill a permanent part-time (0.8FTE) position. Reporting to the Family & Community Support Services (FCSS) Supervisor, the FCSS Adult & Seniors Programmer is responsible for providing opportunities to enable older adults and seniors to remain as independent as possible within the community, while maintaining dignity and an optimum quality of life. This position will develop, plan, and facilitate programs and services and provide information and referrals to adults, older adults, seniors, and their families by researching the needs, trends, opportunities, or ideas that would benefit the well-being of these community members. All programming and services that will be offered will be in alignment with FCSS Provincial Grant prevention mandate, and is not to conflict with or duplicate fitness, wellness or recreation programs and services.
• Ensure that programs are well-structured, responsive to community needs, compliant with health and safety standards, effectively marketed and promoted, and encompass a diverse array of age-appropriate activities accessible to adults, older adults, and seniors within the community. They will promote a holistic approach to community well-being and nurture a comprehensive community support system by utilizing existing services and developing and facilitating new programs.
• Develop social-service outcome-based and preventive programs tailored for adults, older adults, and seniors.
• Coordinate annual events such as, but not limited to, Seniors Week Community Celebration, Seniors Conference, Elder Abuse Awareness Day, and International Women’s Day.
• Enhance awareness of social issues by delivering presentations, workshops, and seminars, while also fostering increased awareness within FCSS. This involves participating in community meetings, disseminating up-to-date information on available resources, and backing cost-effective preventive programs that elevate the social well-being of individuals and families.
• Participate in all training related to Emergency Social Services (ESS).
• Collaborate with community groups to co-create and support preventative programs and services that meet the needs of adults, older adults, and seniors.
• Provide outreach services to older adults, seniors, and their families in the community.
• Develop in-home support services that meet current provincial direction, including the recruitment and vetting of contractors from the community.
• Provide ongoing coordination, training, and support to program volunteers.
• High School Diploma along with post-secondary education in Human Services, Social Work, Recreation, or related field, and/or supporting studies. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• 3+ years experience working with Seniors, community development, program and event planning, and group facilitation.
• Current First Aid and CPR is required.
• Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License is required.
• Previous Municipal experience is an asset.
• Strong ability to connect municipal and community interests.
• Strong planning and budgeting experience.
• Effective verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong customer service and ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public, internal & external customers.
Compensation/Hours of Work: Hourly wage rate is $29.63—$35.38 per hour (7 Step Grid), based on a 28-hour work week. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Pension, professional development opportunities and a supportive work environment.
Application Deadline: Open until the position is filled.
Submit resume and cover letter quoting
“Comp # 202330-ASP” to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125 100 Avenue, Morinville, AB T8R 1L6
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 780-939-5633 | Web: http://www.morinville.ca
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.