Home Job Board Facility Operator
Posted Date: March 16, 2023
Closing Date: March 31, 2023
|Contact||The City of Red Deer|
The City of Red Deer is currently seeking the right people to fill the role of Facility Operator. This position is responsible for leading and directing the physical performance of the facility’s operations. This involves leading and supervising facility staff, managing projects and contracts, safety initiatives and infrastructure maintenance. It also supports community users, risk management for staff and public, managing the budget, with communication and public relations as key aspects.
Note: This position will have specific facility-related operation responsibilities; (Community Activity Centers (19), Woody’s Athletic Park, Pickle Ball) – this area is responsible for a large number of facilities which are, with the exception of the Woody’s Athletic Park, City owned facilities operated by third party and related contract management. Other assignments of this position may include but not limited to arenas, pools, dry space areas, sports fields and maintenance operations of the various facility(s) within this portfolio.
As our preferred candidate, you will have:
• One year certificate in business, management, or recreation plus a *Recreation Facility Operator Master Certificate.
OR Equivalent combinations of education and experience operating and directing operations in a recreation related environment may be considered.
* Recreation Facility Operator Master Certificate includes: General Designation: Custodial Maintenance, Supervisory Skills, Life Cycle/Risk Management. Pool Designation: Pool Operator Level 1 & 2. Arena Designation: Arena Operator Level 1 & 2. Parks & Sports Fields Designation: Parks & Sports Fields Level 1 & 2. Building Maintenance Designation: Building Maintenance Level 1 & 2.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a recreation environment, in the areas of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatics, arena refrigeration and/or pool mechanical/chemical systems. Similar experience in other public or commercial buildings may be considered.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience providing operational direction to staff in a recreation environment, public, or commercial buildings.
• Alberta Boilers Safety Association – 5th Class Power Engineering* preferred (*required for Collicutt Centre).
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, ‘as-builts’ and technical specifications.
• Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License.
• Current Standard First Aid and WHMIS.
• Training in Occupational Health and Safety management systems.
• Familiar with related safety, fire, building and other codes.
• Must be able to be fit tested and successfully wear CSA approved equipment to meet OH&S requirements.
• Knowledge and demonstrated competency to work with a variety of Windows-based computer systems including computer-controlled building management systems.
• Completion of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check (completed by The City upon employment).
What we offer:
In addition to the competitive wage of $39.57 to $41.65 per hour and an excellent benefits package, we offer a great work environment with a dynamic and dedicated team of likeminded professionals. If you think this is the job for you, come build your career with The City of Red Deer.
How to Apply
For more information, and to apply online, please visit us at https://reddeer.ca/careers
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.