Home Job Board Facility Operator II (Temporary Full-Time)
|Town of Morinville||
Posted Date: September 27, 2023
Closing Date: October 31, 2023
|Contact||Town of Morinville|
|This position is included within the scope of the Town’s unionized setting (CUPE 2426) with a probationary wage of $26.41 per hour, upon completion of 480 hours the wage rate increases to $28.21 per hour, upon completion of 4160 hours the wage rate increases to $30.12 per hour, applied in accordance to the Collective Agreement.|
The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing centre for the surrounding rural community.
We are currently recruiting for a temporary full-time Facility Operator II within the Community Services Department. This position will report to the Team Lead, Facilities and will be involved in the day-to-day operation, maintenance, and custodial duties within the Town. Although support may be occasionally required in other Town facilities, work will primarily occur in the Morinville Leisure Centre. This position has an anticipated end date of April 5, 2024, based on operational requirements.
Key objectives of this position include:
• Apply equipment specific operation skills, techniques, and procedures in the performance of assigned maintenance activities in Arena Operations (i.e., ice maintenance, flooding, installing, and removing ice).
• Operate municipal equipment such as Zamboni, elevated work platforms, hand tools, sundry equipment, while performing assigned work in a safe and responsible manner.
• Perform custodial duties, daily maintenance checks, and weekly servicing of all equipment operated to ensure equipment is maintained as outlined in the work procedures.
• Wash and clean equipment as required and report any malfunctions and/or repairs required to the Team Lead.
• Complete minor building repairs including wall patching, painting, replacing bulbs, ceiling tiles, etc.
• Setting up and turn-over of events and programs following specific design and layouts as a provided during demanding timelines.
• Assisting clients and/or guests of the facilities with any questions or concerns in a prompt and courteous manner.
• Monitor inventory of supplies and report recommendation to order.
• May be assigned other duties as required.
• High School Diploma (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
• A valid Class 5 Alberta Operator’s License.
• Alberta Arena Level I Certification is preferred.
• Arena Maintenance (Zamboni) certification is preferred.
• First Aid/CPR certification (or ability to obtain).
• Relevant training and certifications required to operate municipal equipment.
• Related experience in operation of equipment in a recreation facility.
• Physical ability and dexterity to perform a variety of manual tasks (lifting, squatting, bending, twisting, and climbing). Work may be performed with exposure to outdoor elements.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills, with the ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public, internal & external customers.
• The successful candidate is required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Driver’s Abstract.
Compensation/Hours of Work: This position is included within the scope of the Town’s unionized setting (CUPE 2426) with a probationary wage of $26.41 per hour, upon completion of 480 hours the wage rate increases to $28.21 per hour, upon completion of 4160 hours the wage rate increases to $30.12 per hour, applied in accordance to the Collective Agreement. This position shift schedule includes evenings and/or weekends due to operational requirements.
Application Deadline: Competition will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The Town of Morinville values and supports diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
Submit resume and cover letter quoting “Comp # 202334-TFFOII” to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125 100 Avenue, Morinville, AB T8R 1L6
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 780-939-5633 | Web: http://www.morinville.ca/
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.