Home Job Board Facility Operator I – Casual
|Town of Morinville||
Posted Date: November 10, 2023
Closing Date: November 22, 2023
|Contact||Town of Morinville|
This position is included within the scope of the Town’s unionized setting (CUPE Local 2426) with a starting wage rate of $23.52 per hour (2023 Wage Grid). Hours of work are irregular and will vary by assignment. This position will be scheduled and/or on-call on an as needed basis, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing centre for the surrounding rural community.
Town of Morinville is currently seeking service-oriented individuals to join our casual pool of Facility Operator I positions with the Community & Infrastructure Services Division. Reporting to the Team Lead, Facilities, the Facility Operator I shall be involved in the day-to-day operation, maintenance, and custodial duties of Morinville owned facilities. Although support may be occasionally required in other Town facilities, work will primarily occur in the Morinville Community Cultural Centre. This position has an anticipated end date of July 5, 2024, based on operational requirements.
• Maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of the building to the highest level.
• Operate Facility/custodial equipment (floor machines, partition walls, security system, etc.).
• Minor building repairs including replacing bulbs, ceiling tiles, etc.
• Facility inspections, troubleshooting and reporting of needed building repairs and deficiencies.
• Assist with Facility operations and access through set-up and take-down for events.
• Provide Facility user support during events per set guidelines, procedures, and regulations.
• Open and close the Facilities as required (check/secure exits, visual inspection of the Facilities).
• Snow/ice removal and sand/ salting as needed at entrances.
• Perform preventative maintenance as required.
• Regular maintenance of all custodial equipment.
• Accurately complete shift reports identifying relevant issues.
• High School Diploma (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
• A valid Class 5 Alberta Operator’s License is required.
• First Aid/CPR certification (or ability to obtain).
• Custodial and/or Facilities maintenance experience is an asset.
• Strong Customer Service skills and ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public, internal & external customers.
• Physical ability and dexterity to perform a variety of manual tasks (lifting, squatting, bending, twisting, and climbing).
• The successful candidate is required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Drivers Abstract.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, November 22nd, 2023, at 12:00pm (noon)
Submit resume and cover letter quoting
“Comp # 202336-CFOI” to:
Human Resources, Town of Morinville
10125 100 Avenue, Morinville, AB T8R 1L6
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 780-939-5633 |
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The Town of Morinville values and supports diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. Accessibility accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.