Home Job Board Facility Manager, Greenview Regional Multiplex
|Municipal District of Greenview||
Posted Date: November 10, 2023
Closing Date: December 8, 2023
|Contact||Municipal District of Greenview|
Located in Northwest Alberta, the Municipal District of Greenview is a vast and diverse area rich in oil and gas, fertile farmland, tourist destinations, and mixed wood forests. As the third-largest rural municipality in Alberta, Greenview boasts diversity in economic activities and an extraordinary landscape. Greenview’s economy is strengthened by its diversity, a talented workforce and an entrepreneurial spirit that is second to none. Our residents experience adventure right in their backyards with lakes, rivers, Rocky Mountain peaks and vast prairie offering a year-round outdoor playground for all ages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Manager, Recreation Services, the GRM Facility Manager is responsible for overall programming and facility operations of the multiplex including the managing, directing, supervising, and coordinating the delivery of recreation services using best practices and innovation. The operations activities of the manager will include ensuring adherence and compliance with all safety, operating, regulatory, ethics and other Greenview standards.
• The Recreation Facility Manager shall supervise all direct reports as assigned to the GRM Recreation Department.
• Supervising activities includes staffing, training, performance reviews, daily report assessment, coaching/monitoring tasks and disciplining.
• Assist with preparation and presentation of annual Operating and Capital Budgets.
• Assist with annual development of Greenview Regional Multiplex Business Plan ensuring the goals and strategic Plan of Council are incorporated.
• Manage expenditure control within established Greenview Policies and approved Operating and Capital Budgets for the areas of responsibility.
• Prepare Operational, Statistical and Financial Reports for the areas of responsibility.
• Ensure all work is carried out in a manner consistent with legislation, policies and or existing bylaws.
• Research new technology, products, or innovative techniques.
• Create, nurture, pursue and maintain rapport and positive working relationships with community groups, sports organizations, the business community, and other interested parties to promote recreational opportunities at the Greenview Regional Multiplex.
• Ensure facility operations and maintenance of the Greenview Regional Multiplex is conducted in consideration of best practices including project planning and work order management systems.
• Continue development and promotion of recreational activities at the facility in support of Greenview objectives and community interests.
• Maintain and promote healthy fitness, child and youth, and adult programming department.
• Maintain and promote an efficient and effective aquatics facility department at the GRM.
• Develop and maintain productive working relationships with all internal Greenview departments.
• Develop and maintain external partnerships with local municipalities.
• Prepare and assist with presenting department information for Council review and decisions.
• Support and advise the Greenview Regional Multiplex Advisory Board and administer Trust Fund Activities as it relates to the Greenview Regional Multiplex.
• Attend and participate in applicable Committee Meetings, Workshops, Conferences and Administrative Meetings as directed by the Manager of Recreation Services.
• Attend relevant Council Meetings as requested by the Manager of Recreation Services,
• Report all safety concerns or infractions.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform the duties listed above to a high degree of quality, timeliness, and precision.
• Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in a related field i.e., Tourism, Recreation, Facilities Management or equivalent.
• Two (2) years of applicable experience in a municipal environment.
• Two (2) years of applicable experience in Management. Management experience applicable to Recreation would be considered an asset.
• Recreation Facility Management Certificate (AARFP/RDP) is considered an asset.
• Class 5 driver’s license.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to interact well with, and respond to inquiries from employees, management, and clients.
• Must maintain confidentiality.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to interpret, implement and adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT:
• Extensive use of telephone and computer.
• Long periods of sitting, standing, and reading.
• Use and operation of a vehicle.
• Normal working day consists of 7.5 hours; however, occasional overtime may be required.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
• All personnel working at the Municipal District of Greenview are governed by the Municipal District Health & Safety Policy.
• Ensures all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with Municipal District Policies and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
• Required to wear the correct Personal Protective Equipment as per safe job procedures.
• Must follow all safe job procedures.
• Ensure proper ergonomic requirements are met and good ergonomic procedures are practiced.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required for the position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates may submit cover letter (stating the position you are applying to) and resume in one of the following ways:
– By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (please quote the position in the subject line)
– By Confidential Fax: 780-524-3981
Mail or Drop Off:
Municipal District of Greenview No. 16
4806 – 36 Ave., Box 1079
Valleyview, Alberta T0H 3N0
While we truly appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.