Home Job Board Events Coordinator (Ever Active Schools)
|City of Edmonton||
Posted Date: July 10, 2023
Closing Date: July 18, 2023
|Contact||City of Edmonton|
Job Title: Events Coordinator
FTE: 1.0 FTE
Salary Range: Starting at $59,000 Commensurate with qualifications and related experience
Term: July 31, 2023 – June 30, 2024
Location: Edmonton, AB
Ever Active Schools (EAS) is a registered national charity based in Alberta that is designed to assist schools in creating and sustaining healthy school communities. EAS contributes to the healthy development of children and youth by fostering social and physical environments that support the health and learning outcomes of students. We are an innovation-forward social impact organization that is passionate about well-being, and it shows in all we do! We’re committed to creating environments that support health, learning, and growth because that’s the type of place we want to live and work in. We value relationships – our work begins as collaborators, is built as partners and continues in friendship. We show up for each other and our communities, act with empathy and bring our authentic selves to work every day. We recognize, value and celebrate diverse abilities, identities, cultures and ways of knowing. We don’t know all of the answers but we’re listening, learning and growing. We’re biased, but we think you’ll like working here too.
We are seeking an Events Coordinator to be our organizational expert in planning, managing and evaluating a variety of health and wellness focused events. This position works with the EAS team closely on a number of small and large events focused on responding to emerging priorities in school health across Alberta and beyond. Diverse audiences are reached through these events, including children and youth, teachers and school staff, public health professionals, academics and more, with a focus on capacity building and providing unique opportunities.
This position reports to the Assistant Director and complements a team with diverse skill sets operating within the larger interdisciplinary team of EAS. The individual must be able to travel frequently throughout Alberta and be motivated to work in a fast-paced, exciting and fun environment.
– Develop and execute comprehensive events plans for key organizational events including, but not limited to:
– Annual Shaping the Future conference
– Winter Cycling Congress 2024
– Annual, 2-part, youth resiliency focused online conference
– Fundraising events
– A series of smaller, regional, in person and/or online health and wellness focused events in school communities across Alberta and Saskatchewan
– Manage event budgets and evaluation plans in partnership with the Steering Circle of EAS.
– Work collaboratively with the EAS team to facilitate all aspects of events, including registration, hosting and evaluation.
Creating Sponsorship + Partnerships Opportunities:
– Identify and secure sponsorship opportunities for major EAS events, alongside the EAS Steering Circle
– Ensure that sponsor requirements and acknowledgements are fulfilled
– Work with existing organizational partners to ensure they are engaged in events where appropriate.
Marketing + Communications:
– Work with the marketing and promotions team in developing effective marketing and advertising strategies for events and initiatives, including:
– Determine creative marketing and promotion strategies for all events and initiatives that align with the mission and vision of the organization.
– Maintain effective records of marketing and promotion campaigns, sharing these records with the Steering Circle, when requested.
– Collaborate within and across EAS teams and provincially across sectors to promote school-based wellness initiatives.
– Support overall work of the organization.
– Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team atmosphere;
– Strong planning, organization, communication (oral and written) and customer service skills;
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google applications;
– Proficiency in online event platforms such as Eventbrite;
– Experience hosting online events on platforms such as Zoom;
– Demonstrate a high attention to detail;
– Be self-directed, motivated, and willing to learn new skills as needed;
– Demonstrate a commitment to wellness, health, and active living as an essential component of quality education;
– Skilled in negotiating and facilitating through cultural differences and conflicts, and adapting style in response to different intercultural communications and working styles;
– Has the ability to focus on the desired result of one’s own or one’s unit’s work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals and meeting or exceeding them;
– Has the ability to develop, maintain and strengthen partnerships with others inside and outside the organization with whom to share information, assistance and support;
– Exhibits thoroughness by ensuring one’s own work and information are complete and accurate, prepares carefully for meetings and presentations and follows up to ensure commitments have been fulfilled;
– Remains positive and constructive when faced with challenges or adversity;
– Exhibits personal credibility with demonstrated attention to responsibility, reliability and trustworthiness;
– Has an openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one’s preferred way of doing things;
Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked, or before the situation requires it, effectively managing both time and resources.
Qualifications and Experience:
– Certificate, or other post-secondary training, in event planning or management;
– A minimum of 2 years of experience in event coordination and management;
– An understanding of wellness (health promotion) or education-related work is an asset;
– Bilingual in both written and spoken French and English is an asset;
– Be willing and able to travel evenings and weekends on occasion to attend key meetings and events (approximately 8-10 times a year);
– Understand diverse Indigenous cultural traditions, practice, and protocols and ability to facilitate the inclusion of diverse cultural protocols and policies into events, especially in working with youth, Elders and Knowledge Keepers;
– Valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
EAS is committed to equity in its policies, practices, and programs, while supporting diversity in its community, school, and work environments; EAS encourages qualified applicants of all backgrounds and abilities to apply for this position.
To apply, please include your cover letter and resume in one document and email: email@example.com. Please include the Job Title in the subject line.
Your application will be assessed based on how strongly your identified qualifications meet the criteria in the job advertisement. When applying, customize your application with your relevant skills and experience in order to address the job qualifications listed above.
Application Deadline: July 18, 2023
Thank you for taking the time to apply. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. Please note interviews will be held the week of July 24-28.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.