Home Job Board Event Administrator
|City of Leduc
Posted Date: February 12, 2024
Closing Date: February 22, 2024
|City of Leduc
Permanent, Full-Time – 35 hours per week
$64,573.60 – $80,717.00 / annum
Come work with us!
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect, and Leadership guide our team’s work to support community wellbeing and connection, making Leduc a place where people want to live, work and play.
What is the Opportunity?
We are currently recruiting a permanent, full-time Event Administrator for our Events and Bookings Department.
The Event Administrator reports directly to the Events & Bookings Coordinator. This position will be responsible for scheduling, organizing event hosting logistics, and requirements for community and civic events hosted at City facilities and property. With a focus on community support and customer service, they are responsible for developing information packages for event hosts, support event planning and facilitation, respond to facility inquiries and requests, coordinate and manage permit requirements, process/expedite applications as required, manage contracts, agreements, and invoices to ensure event success. Through its work this position mitigates risk for staff, event hosts and attendees through safety plans that meet service standards and adhere to the corporate and facility policies, procedures, and guidelines as well as provincial legislation. The event Administrator is responsible for liaising with event representatives, city departments, facility staff, contractors, and external agencies.
What will you do?
• Coordinates, executes and provides support to events and bookings, including responding to inquiries, understanding, assessing and managing impacts to services; event set-up & equipment use, communication to supporting City departments and staff
• Provide consultation and support for event facilitation on City property through planning, administration of logistics and communication of event needs
• Collaborate with Events & Booking team on events to manage policy on events hosted to support community seasonal use and programming
• Work collaboratively and liaise with internal departments & external partners, community groups and organizations on the use of City owned facilities to support service delivery and operations
• Create and manage contractual agreements of use, applicable fees and invoice management
• Ensure necessary plans, permits, licenses and event infrastructure are in place for safe, successful events
What do you need to succeed?
You are an ideal candidate if you have the following:
• Certificate/diploma/degree in Hospitality, tourism or event management. Minimum 2 years’ experience of related experience or a combination of equivalent education and experience considered.
• Minimum of 2 years related work experience. Municipal experience as it relates to event planning and coordination is an asset.
• Knowledge of Intellileisure Recreation Software is an asset
• Knowledge of AllSeated digital floor plan software an asset
• Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team setting with a proven ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong relationship-building skills with internal and external stakeholders and proven commitment to customer service
• Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Competitive salary
• LAPP pension
• Comprehensive health, dental and wellness benefits, including a generous healthcare spending account
• Starting at 3 weeks’ vacation per year
• Safe office location
• Free parking
• Annual City of Leduc recreation pass, including access to free drop-in programs
Successful candidate must be willing to provide a current Criminal Records Check at own expense.
If this sounds like you, please apply through our website at www. leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 11:59 PM (MT) on February 22, 2024. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be selected.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.