Home Job Board Community Development Assistant
|City of Leduc
Posted Date: February 12, 2024
Closing Date: February 22, 2024
|City of Leduc
Posting ID: JR401
Community Development Assistant
Temporary, Full-time – 35 hours per week
Term: May 1 to September 8, 2024
$26.51 – $33.14 hourly
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect, and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a temporary, full-time Community Development Assistant.
About the Opportunity:
Reporting to the Manager, Community Development, the Community Development Assistant plays a key role in contributing towards creating a vibrant, dynamic and enriching community. This position supports the department in liaison, facilitator and resource to planning signature events, community engagement and community building initiatives.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Provide assistance, information and support for key signature events during the summer season.
• Promote the development and implement approved activities related to events/festivals which include levels of stakeholder engagement.
• Participate as an active member of the Community Development team assisting in implementation of community development initiatives.
• Support the continued development and implementation of the Volunteer Leduc program.
• Community Engagement assistance through various community development initiatives.
• Support and develop internal and external partnerships to support community development initiatives.
You are an ideal candidate if you have the following:
• Enrolled in a college/university degree or diploma in a related field of study preferred: Community Development, Events Management, Community/Culture Programming.
• Minimum of 2 years’ related experience. Previous Municipal or local Government experience is an asset.
• Possession of a valid Alberta Class 5 motor vehicle operator’s license.
• Current first aid and CPR qualification.
• Ability to work independently on several projects simultaneously.
• Excellent time management, project management and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent team player.
• Must be willing to provide a clean Criminal Records Check-Vulnerable Sector and Child Intervention Check, at own expense, as part of the hiring process.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! To apply, please visit our website at: www.leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 11:59 pm (MT) on February 22, 2024. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be selected.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.