Home Job Board Coaldale Southern Alberta Summer Games Coordinator
|Town of Coaldale||
Posted Date: November 3, 2023
Closing Date: December 1, 2023
|Contact||Town of Coaldale|
The Town of Coaldale has an exciting opportunity for a Coordinator to assist with the 2024 Southern Alberta Summer Games that are being hosted by our community from July 3rd – 6th. The successful applicant will provide support and assistance to the Community Services department and the local summer games organizing committees to plan, coordinate, promote, implement, and evaluate the 2024 Southern Alberta Summer Games.
JOB DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Work closely with the Community Services Department and the volunteer committees to ensure the successful delivery of the Summer Games.
• Attend various meetings related to the Summer Games.
• Provide support, assistance, and guidance to the Games Committees and volunteers as required in the planning and preparations for the games.
• Liaise with the Southern Alberta Recreation Association (SARA) and the Regional Directors to communicate all games information, updates, and regional package information.
• Set up and manage the day-to-day operations of the Summer Games office including office organization, budget and the training and supervision of volunteers and office staff to be used in the office during the games.
• Prepare agendas, minutes and reports for committee meetings.
• Develop all correspondence in relation to the Games registration, schedules, Regional Director packages, equipment, etc.
• Work with established registration program, games website, and social media and update as required.
• Assist with fundraising as directed.
• Prepare a final report, daily time logs during the event, inventory and recommendations for the Host community and the Southern Alberta Recreation Association.
• Secure and inventory necessary equipment and supplies for the Games.
• Be available throughout the games to monitor, assist, and respond to any issues.
• Dismantle games office following the games and ensure all supplies and equipment are returned.
• Responsible to adhere to all Town of Coaldale policies and procedures to ensure the health and safety of all staff, volunteers and general public.
• Other associated duties
• Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
• Relevant post-secondary education in a similar field would be an asset
• Strong computer and social media skills, demonstrated through education or work experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Availability to work overtime on nights and weekends, particularly as the games grow closer.
• Experience with previous Summer Games or other sporting events, either as a participant, volunteer or organizer would be an asset.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and access to a vehicle.
• Standard First Aid/CPR/AED training would be an asset.
• Ability to provide a clean Police Information check.
• Ability to attend meetings outside of regular business hours
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
• Lifting or moving up to 10lbs may be required
• Normal working day consists of 8:00-5:00 Monday- Friday with flexibility contingent on meeting times etc. At certain times split shifts and evenings, weekends & overtime may be required
HEALTH & SAFETY
All employees of the Town of Coaldale are governed by and must be compliant with the Town of Coaldale Safety Program.
• Ensure all operations are performed in a safe manner and in accordance with the Town of Coaldale policies, as well as the law as set forth by Alberta’s Occupational Health and Safety Act.
|Chad Glasser- 403-345-1326- email@example.com|
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.