Home Job Board Arborist
|City of Leduc||
Posted Date: March 30, 2023
Closing Date: April 4, 2023
|Contact||City of Leduc|
This position has been deemed safety-sensitive by the employer, and as such is subject to reasonable cause and post-incident drug and alcohol testing.
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect, and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time Arborist in our Parks & Open Spaces department.
About the opportunity:
The Arborist reports directly to the Manager of Parks and Open Spaces. This position provides technical information and expertise for the management of the Urban Forest within the City of Leduc by performing annual duties including pruning, removals, stump grinding, tree hazard mitigation including cabling and bolting, tree risk assessment, and planning and coordinating annual tree planting and pest disease management. This position can also play a role in representing the City of Leduc with community initiatives like Communities in Bloom or Tree Canada initiatives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Safe operating knowledge of Parks related equipment including lift truck, skid steer, and other hand-operated tools
• Provide timely responses to customer service orders (CSO) or other customer requests with expert knowledge of Urban Forestry
• Liaison with community groups and the public, provide technical advice on tree care practices
• Educate developers and contractors on City landscape standards and best practices for tree planting and maintenance
• Train staff on Arboriculture best practices and procedures
• Conduct site inspections to ensure city standards are being met
You are the ideal candidate if you have the following:
• ISA Arborist certification or equivalent post-secondary degree/diploma in Forestry or Arboriculture
• Minimum three years of related experience or equivalent work history in Arboriculture with municipal tree care operation experience being an asset
• Pesticide Applicators License
• Class 3 Operators license with Q endorsement
• Additional supervisory experience is an asset
• Must be willing to provide a current, clear Criminal Records Check at own expense
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our website at www. leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 11:59 pm (MT) on April 3, 2023. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be selected.
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.