Home Job Board Aquatics Manager
|City of Edmonton||
Posted Date: January 31, 2023
Closing Date: February 25, 2023
|Contact||Derrick Golf and Winter Club|
Purpose of Position
The Aquatics Manager is part of the Supervisor Team of the Club and oversees all aspects of the Aquatics department operations of the Derrick Club. He/she will develop and monitor a team and staff focused on delivering a high level of aquatic programming and recreation that meet or exceed member expectations. The Aquatics Manager will be responsible for member experience and human resources of the reporting department. He/she will assist in the development of annual operating and capital budgets in the area and be responsible for the yearly operational plan. The Aquatics Manager will deliver exceptional experiences in all that we do and will constantly aspire to create a second home environment for our members, guests and employees.
We are a private family club that enriches the lives of our members and their guests by providing exceptional facilities and services in a comfortable atmosphere
1. Integrity – We are honest in what we do and say, acting in the best interest of our members, employees and outside community.
2. Future Focused – We look for ways to innovate, improve and be relevant.
3. Respect – We treat everyone with dignity and fairness.
As a Staff we Believe:
Vision: Elevate the Experience
Mission: Be the Difference
Values: Leadership, Energy, Teamwork, and Service
Educational, Experience, and Skills Required
• College Diploma or University Degree in Sports Administration/ Recreation or equivalent preferred
• Three (3) years of experience in swimming pool management, swimming instruction, lifeguarding, or related activity.
• Certification in a recognized Life Guarding Association.
• 2-3 years of experience in program administration
• Solid background knowledge in swimming pool operations and water chemistry.
• Strong organizational and administrative skills.
• Excellent member service and interpersonal skills.
• Ensure the delivery of high-quality programs, activities and services that are consistent with member needs and evolving trends.
• Administrative Responsibilities including:
– Staff Recruitment, On-boarding, Performance Management, Recognition and Succession Planning
– Staff meetings, Weekly Supervisors Meeting, One on One weekly meeting with Athletic Director, Devil Rays Swim Committee Meetings
– Ensure all new staff receive full club and department orientations, aquatic department procedure manual
– Service Team Scheduling and Payroll
• Oversees Aquatics department budget
• Attends all aquatics committee, sport professional, and department meetings.
• To ensure maintenance of statistics for pool usage and program enrolment, complete program feasibility studies, and regular program cost analysis.
• Responsible for the supervision of the aquatic area to ensure a safe, enjoyable environment for all members and guests.
• Ensures compliance with all Derrick Health and Safety standards and the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
• Facility Management
Why Work For Us
• Competitive wages
• Health & Dental
• Training & Development
• Pro Shop Discounts
• Employee Recognition Awards
• Diverse and Welcoming Work Culture
How to Apply
Please apply with the following link https://derrickclub.applytojobs.ca/aquatics/19229
Learn more about us by visiting – https://www.derrickclub.com/Our_Club/Testimonials
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.