Home Job Board Aquatic Shift Leader
|City of Leduc||
Posted Date: October 3, 2023
Closing Date: October 16, 2023
|Contact||City of Leduc|
Posting ID: JR333
AQUATIC SHIFT LEADER
Permanent Full Time – 40 hours / week
$54, 746.00 – $68, 391.00 / annum
This position has been deemed safety sensitive by the employer and as such is subject to reasonable cause and post-incident drug and alcohol testing.
At the City of Leduc, our mission is People. Building. Community. We offer a collaborative and dynamic workplace where our values of Teamwork, Service, Respect and Leadership guide our conduct and contribute to a healthy culture. We strive to offer the best aquatic experience, including the best lessons, safest swims, and cleanest facilities. If you would like to work as part of a progressive organization and enjoy a fast-paced environment, then this may be the opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time Aquatic Shift Leader at our Leduc Recreation Centre.
About the Opportunity:
Reporting to the Aquatic Operations Coordinator, the Aquatic Shift Leader is responsible for ensuring the effective daily operation aquatic facilities and high-quality service delivery. This person trains and mentors a large aquatic staff, liaises with Guest Services, delivers superior customer service and supports the Aquatic Operations Coordinator with lifeguarding, mechanical and custodial operations as well as direct-delivery training sessions.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support/mentor lifeguards and assistant lifeguards on and off the pool deck, acting as an additional support resource and point of escalation
• Certifying and re-certifying lifeguard staff.
• Leading new lifeguard orientations.
• Providing ongoing mentorship and training with lifeguards.
• Conducting regular inservice training and skill development sessions on various topics
• Completing lifeguard evaluations and assisting with performance appraisals.
• Coordinating and conducting interviews for assistant lifeguard and lifeguard applicants.
• Inventorying chemical supplies and placing orders.
• Coordinating general facility maintenance program and OHS inspections.
• Adjusting staff schedules to meet operational requirements.
• Performs aquatic mechanical operations
• Directing daily workflow, maintenance and lifeguarding rotations.
• Coordinating amenity maintenance closures, monthly skills training.
• Leading emergency response situations.
• Representing Aquatic Services at promotional events.
• Instruct swimming lessons and leadership programs, as required.
• Lifeguard and provide first aid, as required.
• Complete facility maintenance, as required.
• 18 years of age with High School Diploma.
• A minimum of 2 years of aquatic experience
• Knowledge of Risk Management and Occupational Health and Safety practices
• Experience leading a dynamic team, including coaching, mentoring and providing technical guidance
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
• A positive and energetic personality who makes work meaningful and enjoyable while inspiring the team to deliver results
• Ability to exert physical effort demanded by swimming, pulling patrons from the water, and cleaning.
• Ability to handle public relations responsibilities effectively and thoroughly and to be firm and tactful in maintaining aquatic discipline and to respond calmly to emergencies
• National Lifeguard – Pool
• Oxygen Administration
• Swim Instructor / Lifesaving Instructor
• Intermediate First Aid with CPR C or Aquatic Emergency Care
• Lifesaving Instructor Trainer
• National Lifeguard Instructor
• AARFP Pool Operator 1
The following are considered an asset:
• AARFP Pool Operator 2
• Lifesaving First Aid Instructor / Instructor Trainer
• Supervisory or Aquatic Management certifications/designations such as Aquatic Management Training, or AARFP Supervisory Skills certifications
Hours of Work:
• 40 hours/week (8 hours/day with paid breaks)
• Flexible shifts to be coordinated with the Aquatic Operations Team
• Majority of shifts are Monday – Friday between 8:00am – 5:00pm as well as covering for other Aquatic Shift Leader shifts.
• Mandatory requirement of working minimum four (4) evening shifts/month.
• Must be flexible to attend/lead training sessions outside of typical work week hours, as required, as well as teach swimming lessons and leadership courses.
• Schedule is based on Post-Secondary Calendar year.
o September – December
o January – April
o May – August
• An additional $1.00/hr. shift premium for hours worked before 7:00 a.m. and after 6:00 p.m. daily
• Annual Deck Footwear Allowance Of $50.00
• Free Annual LRC Membership
• Paid Training and Recertification (Time and Course Fees)
• Paid Sick Time Accrued as Per Hours Worked Bi-Weekly
• Participate in the Pension Plan
Conditions of Employment:
• Candidates must provide a current Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Check is required prior to start of employment, completed at employee’s expense.
• Submission of proof of all certifications and Lifesaving Society Member ID#.
Join our Team!
Come and be a part of an energetic team where we work together to have fun and provide the best aquatic experience for our patrons. If you are a positive, customer focused individual, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please visit our website at www.leduc.ca/careers
Competition closes at 11:59 pm (MT) on October 16, 2023. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same or lower classification level. Thank you for your interest, we only contact candidates selected for interviews. Candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter along with their resumes
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.