Home Job Board Aquatic Programmer
|Town Of Innisfail||
Posted Date: May 2, 2023
Closing Date: May 25, 2023
|Contact||Town Of Innisfail|
Reporting to the Aquatic Supervisor, you will be responsible for planning, implementation and oversight of internal programs offered at the Town’s Aquatic Centre. You will enhance leisure swim and special events with creative, innovative, and fun activities and develop and schedule fitness and aquatics programs. Providing backup with lifeguarding and other Aquatic Centre responsibilities to support your team will also be part of your role. This full time position requires you to work flexible hours to be available for programs and events.
Working with the Aquatic Supervisor as part of the Aquatics Team, you will:
• Develop and manage an annual plan for all Aquatic Centre programs.
• Work with the Marketing and Communications Team to promote programs and events.
• Create a broad range of activities including workshops, courses, and events to engage the community in the Aquatic Centre.
• Coordinate Learn to Swim programs and private lessons.
• Support, coach and mentor lifeguards and all staff and volunteers, and assist in training and teambuilding exercises.
• Ensure programs and events run smoothy and are adequately staffed.
• Collect participant feedback to assess participant satisfaction and generate new ideas.
• Provide support for frontline, lifeguarding and instructor duties to augment staffing as required.
• Coordinate and maintain records of all program and facility registration, attendance, rentals, and all other required record keeping.
• A minimum of two years in a supervisory role.
• Experience planning and delivering programs and events, preferably in a recreation setting.
• Current Intermediate First Aid and CPR – C certification.
• Ability to provide a clean criminal records check including vulnerable sector.
• National Lifeguarding (NL) Award or able and willing to obtain within six months of hire.
• Lifesaving and Swim for Life Instructor or willing to obtain within one year of hire.
• Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
• Excellent communications and customer service experience.
• National Lifeguard Instructor, Lifesaving and Swim for Life Trainer certifications and Pool Operator Level 1 and 2 would be considered assets.
• A desire to contribute to the success of the Town’s recreation programs and offerings.
The Town of Innisfail offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes via email in confidence by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 25, 2023, to:
Town of Innisfail
Attention: Angèle Mullins – HR Consultant
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.