Home Job Board Aquatic Construction Commissioning and Technical Manager
Posted Date: January 31, 2023
Closing Date: March 31, 2023
|Contact||Master Pools Alta Ltd.|
|firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com|
Master Pools Alta Ltd. is a construction contractor specializing in commercial and municipal swimming pool facilities in Western and Northern Canada. Our focus is a professional approach to construction and renovation of swimming pools and pool mechanical systems. Working with project teams, we strive to provide timely, knowledgeable, and well-coordinated installation and commissioning of water circulation, filtration, and chemical treatment systems. We also participate in the design process and advocate for safe, high-performance, and operator-friendly systems on projects and the larger Canadian aquatic community. Our goal is to act as a ‘team partner’ and to provide high-quality equipment, systems, and advice to the commercial aquatics market.
The Commissioning and Technical Manager will be chiefly responsible for setting and implementing technical standards. They will report to the Construction and Operations Managers but will be encouraged and expected to operate with considerable latitude in their primary tasks. These include Project Mechanical/Electrical Coordination, Project Commissioning, and Facility Training & Technical Relations.
• Display a clear and thorough vision of the proper construction and operation, and commissioning of any equipment that the company works with.
• Complete formal reviews of project documents for code conformance, provision for equipment operational requirements, and for ease and safety of system control.
• Produce schematic and narrative directions and sequences of operations where warranted and work with project consultants and the commercial construction documentation process (RFI, SI, CCO, etc.)
• Supervise Master Pools Instrumentation Technician to ensure proper control equipment installation.
• Assist in project cost / change order estimation, monthly progress draws, and project reconciliation.
Project Commissioning Agent
• Coordinate pool commissioning plan with project Cx team. Advocate for a timely pool equipment Commissioning scheduling and sequence of tasks.
• Take responsibility for the safe, timely, and thorough start-up and examination of all pool equipment. Troubleshoot equipment failures as needed.
• Mentor Master Pools staff and Instrumentation Technician in commissioning requirements
• Bring the Commissioning process to a conclusion and oversee completion of deficient items.
Operator Training and Technical Relations
• Providing general and project-specific operational instructions, baseline information, and demonstrate equipment use to pool staff.
• Gain ‘real world’ operational feedback from facility staff.
• Provide a repository of knowledge for previous and potential clients, health authorities and other parties in the recreation community for equipment and general aquatic facility design and operation.
• Attend trade shows and conferences and participate in industry networking.
The successful applicant will possess:
• Technical competence and familiarity with commercial pool equipment, maintained through ongoing training where required. (I.e., equipment control setup and programming.)
• 3-5 years’ experience in the aquatic’s construction/service/operational community.
• Strong technical problem-solving abilities.
• Clear technical speaking and persuasive communication abilities.
• Familiarity with the norms of commercial construction operations processes, and Canadian swimming pool construction codes.
• Familiarity with MS Office based scheduling and information processing applications.
• A high degree of time management, multi-tasking, and delegation abilities.
• This role also involves a high degree of visibility amongst and interaction with senior project team members. As such the manager will demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and observe the importance of maintaining key relationships with consultants and project team members.
• Experience in project management and cost estimating would be considered an asset.
How to Apply
Submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.