Home Job Board Aquatic Administrative Assistant
|Town of Cochrane||
Posted Date: March 21, 2023
Closing Date: April 9, 2023
Spray Lake Sawmills Centre (SLSC) is a leading-edge sport and recreational facility encompassing 325,000 square feet, including an aquatic centre, four arenas and a curling centre, fitness & climbing facilities, an indoor turf, track, and gymnasium, and is home to several third-party tenants. SLSC is a not-for-profit organization and a registered charity, governed by a volunteer board of directors. With a team of over 180, we offer a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that promotes excellence in teamwork, community building, and an innovative customer-focus. SLSC is located in Cochrane, Alberta.
About the Position
SLSC is looking for a driven professional with experience working in the aquatics industry – as the Aquatic Admin Assistant, this role is responsible for the daily administrative team support required to ensure the safe, fun, and efficient operations of the aquatic facility. This position works closely and collaboratively with the Aquatic Manager and Supervisors to support three key areas of responsibility: assigned administrative tasks, support for staff, and when required (minimum 10 hours per week), on-deck roles to support lifeguarding and swim instruction as needed.
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent (benefits-eligible) – weekday daytimes & evenings/weekends required
• General email and voicemail responses, ensuring prompt follow up on all customer feedback.
• Assist with staff scheduling and schedule troubleshooting.
• Coordinate inventory and ordering on a timely basis.
• Maintain a list of staff awards and certifications, with advance prompts for applicable recerts.
• Maintain and upkeep content on the website and intranet.
• Ensure quality control of staff’s first aid forms, incident, and contamination forms.
• Proactively ensure set up for drop-in sessions, programs and user groups is ready.
• Promote and embody SLSC mission, vision, and values.
• Work closely with management and staff to ensure a positive work environment, supporting individuals on a high-functioning team to execute in the areas of service/delivery and overall guest experience.
• Provide in-the-moment support in a collaborative and constructive manner; escalating behavioral or performance issues to the Supervisor(s) or Manager.
• Assist in the delivery of onboarding training, regular training, in-services and staff workshops as required.
• Leading by example to enhance the overall guest experience through customer service.
• Strives to be the “best source of information” for aquatic activities and programs.
• Ensure lifeguard positions and ratios are appropriate as per facility standards.
• Prepared at all times to jump in to support on-deck needs – acting as lifeguard and/or swim instructor as needed, when short-staffed or when scheduled as such (minimum 10 hours/week).
Aquatic Safety & Procedures
• Act as a positive role model for staff and guests with regards to safety.
• Demonstrate expert knowledge and understanding of all information and procedures for emergency response, site safety and security, according to Aquatic Safety Plan, SOPs, etc.
• Report physical hazards and unsafe conditions as per facility protocols, after handling the situation and attempting to satisfy the customer (if applicable).
• Coach staff through tasks and the performance of general maintenance duties, as required.
• Expert knowledge of SLSC’s policies, procedures, SOPs and Aquatic Handbooks.
• Minimum of 2 years working in the aquatic industry
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Preference will be give to applicants with these current certifications:
o Standard/Intermediate First Aid with CPR-C & AED
o Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor
o Lifesaving Society National Lifeguard
• Additional certifications are considered an asset – LSI, NL Trainer, First Aid Instructor, Pool Operator 1/2, AFLCA Aquatic Specialty, Lifesaving Society Sport Coach, etc.
• Basic knowledge of Alberta Public Health Act Public Swimming Pools Regulation, Alberta Health Public Health & Compliance Pool Standards, Lifesaving Society Alberta Public Pool Safety Standards, and Aquatic Industry best practices
• Basic computer skills, including experience with MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Successful Vulnerable Sector Check
• Required availability (this position will require weekend and evening shifts)
How to Apply
Apply online at https://www.slsfamilysportscentre.com/get-involved
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.