Home Job Board Adult Fitness Program Manager
|Northern Alberta Regions||
Posted Date: July 27, 2023
Closing Date: August 15, 2023
Adult Fitness Program Manager
This position supports the work of YMCA, a leading nonprofit charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
As the Adult Fitness Program Manager, you will provide operational and strategic leadership to adult fitness programming across all health, fitness & aquatics (HFA) Centres and direct supervision of the Adult Fitness Supervisors. You will develop and execute annual program priority plans and partner with the general managers to coach, develop, and support your supervisor team. You are responsible for risk management, consistent program/service quality, growth/innovation and ensuring program/service delivery is aligned with our Family Unique Value Proposition (UVP) and supports membership growth. You will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, working closely with HFA general managers, supervisors, frontline staff, and other program managers. In this role, you will further your leadership skills and enhance the momentum of offering classes and programs that meet the needs of the communities we serve. You will have a group of knowledgeable and supportive team members to assist you in executing the goals of our centres.
1. Collaborates with their supervisor to establish annual budget and program priority plans. Ensures timely execution of annual priority plan.
2. Provides leadership and coordination for provision of certification, annual re-certification and continuing Education Credit opportunities for YMCA Fitness Instructors and Personal Trainers.
3. Provides leadership to Adult Fitness Supervisors in developing a positive staff and volunteer culture in Health and Wellness centres.
4. Provides leadership to Supervisors with sessional program/service planning to ensure timelines are met and plans support member and program growth.
5. Facilitates program audits and promotes the quality and consistency of group fitness programming following operational priorities.
6. Maintains positive, collaborative relationships with staff, volunteers and external partners and stakeholders.
7. Supports General Manager with branch operations at assigned HFA Centre
8. Consistently representing YMCA’s values and mission, encourage a healthy lifestyle, and participation in other YMCA activities.
9. Ensure compliance with all YMCA policies and procedures, health and safety standards, child protection standards and regulatory requirements.
What You’ll Need for This Job:
• A passion for coaching leaders and spending time on deck to role model best practices
• 5+ years’ experience in a leadership capacity in adult fitness
• University Degree in area of Recreation or Physical Education, or related experience preferred Diploma with relevant experience will be considered
• Current Group Fitness certification (s) and 5+ years teaching experience
• Ability to teach classes as needed
• Current YMCA, AFLCA or comparable Trainer’s certification
• 3+ years previous supervisory experience and / or staff volunteer leadership experience
• 1+ years of experience training and/or volunteer development
• Intermediate (Standard) First Aid & CPR-C
• Able to obtain a Police Information Check and Vulnerable sector check
• Demonstrated leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, in virtual and in person environments
• Demonstrated technical competency and skills in delivering a variety of group fitness classes
What the Y Brings You:
• A meaningful career with opportunities to grow while building your community.
• A culture of honesty, respect, and pride in what we do.
• Colleagues who bring diverse perspectives and talents to the workplace.
• A comprehensive benefits package.
• Membership to our health, fitness & aquatics facilities for you and your family
• Reduced fees in YMCA programs such as childcare and day camps (depending on availability and employment status).
The Alberta Recreation & Parks Association would like to acknowledge the First Nations, the Métis, and all of the people across Alberta who share a history and a deep connection with this land. We dedicate ourselves to moving forward in partnership with Indigenous communities in the spirit of reconciliation and collaboration.