Programs & Initiatives
Learning Through Experience Trips
- Are you part of an Alberta group (school, youth or club) with youth between the ages of 13 and 19?
- Can you demonstrate your commitment to experiential learning that promotes physical activity in nature and outdoor environmental education?
- Can you show why your group is deserving to win this trip?
Then apply for a Joy in Nature trip! The application deadline is November 30, 2018 and the two-day trips will take place in February or March!
*Spring applications will open January 3rd, 2019 for trips to Jasper, Nordegg & Kananaskis! Stay tuned for more information.
2019 Prize Packages:
- Accommodations - Free accommodations of 25 beds for one night at Hostelling International's hostel HI Athabasca Falls
- Full day ski trip to Marmot Basin
- Interpretive Programming at Palisades Stewardship Education
*Trip packages are subject to change
- Youth must be between the ages of 13 and 19 and be residents of Alberta.
- You must be part of an organized group - school, youth group or club and a lead person from the organization must complete the application.
- Demonstrate why your group is deserving of this experiential learning trip and explain the impact this experience will have for your youth.
- Share how your group is committed to creating experiential learning that promotes physical activity in nature and outdoor environmental education currently and beyond the trip.
- Organizational capacity to cover all additional expenses beyond what is included in the prize (transportation costs and all food costs) and additional people or extended stay costs.
- You must be able to claim the prize sometime in December - the winning group will choose from two possible dates.
- You must follow your school, youth group or organization's safety and risk management policies. Your organization is fully responsible for the well-being and safety of the youth on this trip.
- Group size - maximum of 25 (this includes chaperones). Larger groups may be negotiated (and based on availability). Minimum group size is 10 youth.
The Joy in Nature Contest is brought to you by: