Programs: Children in Nature : Joy In Nature Contest
Learning Through Experience Trips
- Are you part of an Alberta group (school, youth or club) with youth between the ages of 13 and 19?
- Can you demonstrate your commitment to experiential learning that promotes physical activity in nature and outdoor environmental education?
- Can you show why your group is deserving to win this trip?
Then apply for a Joy in Nature trip! The application period is January 3, 2019 to March 3, 2019 for spring trips.
2019 Spring Prize Packages:
The Kananaskis Spring Joy of Nature Prize Package *NEW*
- A hlaf day interpretive activity led by a Stoney Nakoda Elder
- Overnight at HI Kananaskis
- A rafting trip with Canadian Rockies Rafting
- A half day interpretive activity led by Alberta Parks
Date choices: June 11 and 12 (or) June 12 and 13
Nordegg Spring Joy of Nature Prize Package
- A full day interpretive activity led by Alberta Parks
- Overnight at HI Nordegg
- A rafting trip with HeLa Ventures
Date choices: May 22 and 23 (or) June 4 and 5
Jasper Spring Joy of Nature Prize Package
- A half day with a Friends of Jasper National Park interpretive session
- Overnight at HI Athabasca Falls
- A rafting trip with Jasper Raft Tours
- A flight on the Jasper Sky Tram
Date choices: May 21 and 22, May 22 and 23, (or) June 4 and 5
- Youth must be between the ages of 13 and 19 and be residents of Alberta.
- You must be part of an organized group - school, youth group or club and a lead person from the organization must complete the application.
- Demonstrate why your group is deserving of this experiential learning trip and explain the impact this experience will have for your youth.
- Share how your group is committed to creating experiential learning that promotes physical activity in nature and outdoor environmental education currently and beyond the trip.
- Organizational capacity to cover all additional expenses beyond what is included in the prize (transportation costs and all food costs) and additional people or extended stay costs.
- You must be able to claim the prize sometime in December - the winning group will choose from two possible dates.
- You must follow your school, youth group or organization's safety and risk management policies. Your organization is fully responsible for the well-being and safety of the youth on this trip.
- Group size - maximum of 25 (this includes chaperones). Larger groups may be negotiated (and based on availability). Minimum group size is 10 youth.
The Joy in Nature Contest is brought to you by: