Job: TransAlta Tri Leisure Centre - General Manager
At the TransAlta Tri Leisure Centre (TLC), we like to think of ourselves as the beating heart of the Tri-Municipal Region. We take tremendous pride in our reputation as a one-stop shop for health and wellness, serving active community members in Spruce Grove, Stony Plain and Parkland County since 2002.
Fitness, family and fun come together at the TransAlta Tri Leisure Centre. A champion for health and wellness in the Tri-Municipal Region, the TLC is founded on the principle that healthy, active living begins with the right facilities. From the Realty Executives Aquatic Complex to the Fitness Complex, and everything in between, find your triACTIVE with us today.
Our mission is to bring the community together to inspire quality life experiences and healthy, active living.
At the TLC, we’re dedicated to transforming lifestyle and community, offering a wide variety of programs and services to help our guests reach their full potential when it comes to health and wellness. Visit us today and find out what we can do for you and your family.
Reporting through the Chairperson of the Part 9 Board of Directors, the General Manager acts as the Chief Administrator for the TransAlta Tri Leisure Centre (the “TLC”). The position is responsible for the overall management, direction, coordination, and supervision of the TLC. The General Manager is responsible for ensuring specific performance measures are achieved, participation is maximized, and facility use is optimized through direct operation of this major facility.
The General Manager will facilitate and stimulate collaborative decision-making among the three municipalities/owners and expand community linkages. This will be accomplished by assisting the Board in developing plans, strategic priorities, policies, and resource allocation process.
Qualifications & Experience
- University undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Facility Management or Recreation Administration.
- Minimum of seven years' experience in facility management or recreation, five in a senior management role.
- Extensive knowledge of facility management and conducting business in a dynamic and high-profile environment.
- Experience with recreational software (intelliLeisure).
- Experience in board development, building rapport and positive working relations to operate and meet the requirements of contracts.
- Understanding of Collective Agreements as the TLC is a union environment.
- Formal planning skills, system process abilities and project management skills necessary to achieve the mandate of the Board.
- Ability to establish cordial relationships with all major facility user groups, retail service providers, tenants, Board Members, Municipal officials and staff, contractors, school boards, community groups, business community, service clubs, media, institutions, and the general public.
- Current knowledge of HR practises and approaches covering all aspects of operations, including staff supervision and development; staff wellness; cultural and diversity awareness and appreciation; successful membership practises; quality program development and implementation; volunteerism; facility and property management; and sound financial practices.
- Excellent administration skills with a strong background in financial management; the ability to balance the needs of the TLC with that of Board, Owner Municipalities and all Stakeholders.
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR C/AED, cleared criminal record check and child welfare check.
For a copy of the in-depth job description, please visit our website at http://www.daviespark.com
Interested parties are requested to submit a personal resume to Anurag Shourie or Sonny Kapoor, Davies Park, Executive Search Consultants. Electronic resumes to Edmonton@daviespark.com are preferred; however, faxes may be forwarded to (780) 426-2936. For further information, please call Davies Park at 780-420-9900.