Job: Tourism & Recreation Business Planning Consultant
Expedition Management Consulting Ltd. (EMC) is a successful Alberta based tourism and recreation consulting firm established in 2009. The company is supported by a skilled internal staff team as well as a strong partnership network of highly specialized expert firms.
EMC has deep experience in tourism and recreation business planning and provides services in several core areas including strategic tourism planning, recreation master planning, stakeholder engagement, feasibility studies for new facilities and organizations, financial analysis, business case development and tourism product development.
The firm has built a solid reputation for quality work and outstanding results. We bring to all projects proven methodologies that produce deliverables that are clear and useful. Offering a collaborative approach to problem-solving, EMC works closely with organizations to bring forward innovative solutions that ignite change and transform organizations, businesses and communities.
EMC is currently engaged in many interesting tourism and recreation projects across Western Canada including a strategic plan for tourism, a tourism product development plan, recreation master plans, an operational cost analysis for an aquatics facility and others. EMC continually adds projects to our work portfolio and there will be opportunities for the successful applicant to become involved in future projects.
To learn more about EMC, please review our website at: http://www.expeditionconsulting.ca
We require an individual to complete high-quality research, analysis, report writing and project management to support ongoing tourism and recreation consulting projects. The position will have involvement in all stages of project development and will be directly involved in creating highly customized solutions that drive performance for our Clients.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be capable of completing excellent research and analysis to support business planning projects. Content knowledge in tourism and recreation is an asset, but not a requirement.
- Be able to prepare well-written reports that clearly explain important information in a succinct manner.
- Be adept at managing projects and delivering under tight timelines.
- Be a self-starter who requires limited supervision.
- Have strong business acumen and a logical mindset.
- Have the capabilities to work from home. The position does not necessarily need to be located in Edmonton. We are open to discussing alternative locations.
- Have proficiency in MS Office programs.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a relevant post-secondary degree. An MBA or enrollment in an MBA program is considered an asset, but is not a requirement.
- Hold a valid drivers license and be able to travel occasionally.
Compensation will be determined based on the skills and experience of the applicant.
September 18, 2018
Please submit a cover letter and resume via e-mail to Maxwell Harrison, Associate, Expedition Management Consulting Ltd., email@example.com. Please indicate on the cover letter a preference for the full-time or part-time position. The deadline for responses is September 18, 2018. To discuss the position further, contact Mr. Harrison at 780-267-7898.