Job: Supervisor, Recreation Client Services - Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity
The Sally Borden Fitness and Recreation Centre (SBFRC) is looking for an experienced Supervisor, Recreation Client Services to oversee the delivery of exceptional customer-service at the reception desk; manage the retail inventory and sales; and hire, train, and mentor recreation service staff. Creative, improvement-driven, and customer-service focused; the Supervisor, Recreation Client Services provides strong leadership and guidance to the recreation staff in their daily work while collaborating with the Recreation Department Manager on short and long-term planning, operational strategies, marketing initiatives, program development, and financial management of the SBFRC.
Reporting to the Recreation Department Manager, and responsible for a team of five (not including casual staff) below are some key responsibilities:
- Accountable for the excellence in customer service delivered to the general membership of the SBFRC
- Developing a customer-service plan focused on membership retention and growth, and training and coaching all staff in the consistent delivery of that plan
- Monitoring and evaluating systems and process performance and effectiveness; recommending and implementing changes as needed to ensure positive customer relations and user satisfaction
- Hiring, training, coaching, and performance-managing recreation staff ensuring a high level of staff engagement, retention and customer service
- Effective scheduling of desk coverable by service and life guarding staff
- Responding to facility maintenance and custodial matters identified by staff and clients by contacting the appropriate Banff Centre department to remedy
- Participating in the development and implementation of the annual plan for revenue generation; recommending revenue-generating initiatives and marketing strategies in regard to membership, programming, and retail areas
- Managing retail sales including sourcing goods, purchasing, displays, inventory management, and recording statistics
- Providing life guarding, instruction, first aid, and assisting with pool maintenance and water purity as required
Qualification and Educational Requirements
- Three to five years' experience working in a similar client services position, ideally within a recreation facility.
- Degree or Diploma in Recreation Management or related field
- Previous experience leading and mentoring a team, with the ability to lead by example and motivate employees.
- Exceptional communication, customer service and conflict resolution skills with a dedication to customer satisfaction.
- National Lifeguard Certification is required
- Certifications in First Aid Standard, C.P.R Basic Life Support, AED are required
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor and Pool Operator are preferred
- The nature of this position requires irregular work schedules, attendance at evening and weekend programs, assisting in the supervision and training of staff working between the hours of 5:30 am and 10:30 pm
- Candidates offered a position with Banff Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be finalized.
Employment Terms & Benefits
- In accordance with the terms of employment governing Management/PSP employees, this is a full time position subject to a 6 month probationary period.
- Annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Banff Centre offers a comprehensive benefits package to its employees. For more information please visit our benefits page.
We are accepting applications for the Supervisor, Recreation Client Services until a suitable candidate is found.
Please include a cover letter demonstrating how your experience translates to this position and why you are interested in becoming part of our team.
Submit your application, resume and cover letter online via Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity careers website as per below:
For new applicants, click ‘Apply Now’ and complete the application for employment. Please upload your cover letter and resume as ONE document in either .doc or .pdf format.
For previous applicants, log into your profile using your email address and password, then upload your cover letter and resume as ONE document in either .doc or .pdf format.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to fostering diversity within its work community. If you are a foreign national please visit our International Applicants page for more information.
Thank you for your interest in working at the Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity.
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity, through its third party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for above. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Banff Centre. The information is subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner.