Job: Supervisor - Preschool, Child and Youth - Northern Alberta YMCA
Supervisor - Preschool, Child and Youth
The YMCA is a charitable, mission-based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Wood Buffalo is seeking a dynamic individual that will provide effective leadership in directing the overall delivery of all non-aquatic and child and youth programs and services. This individual must be passionate about the development, support and leadership of others. This individual will be responsible for both our Eagle Ridge and Westwood centers programs and services.
- Oversee and manage all preschool, child and youth programs and services with an emphasis on participant growth and maintenance of YMCA service standards including child minding, registered skill development programs, day camp and youth leadership.
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, supervise and manage all staff and volunteers within assigned program areas.
- Plan and implement Preschool, Child and Youth programming for various ages and developmental stages based on the needs and interests of the membership and the community.
- Develop, manage and monitor approved budgets for assigned program areas to ensure achievement of departmental financial targets.
- Ensure preschool, child and youth programs and services meet the Associations commitments to Child Protection, Physical Literacy Skill Development, Child and Youth Asset Development, YMCA International Education and integration of YMCA Organizational Values.
- University Degree in Recreation, Child Studies, Physical Education or Education, or related experience preferred. Diploma with relevant experience will be considered.
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C, Child Welfare & Police Security Clearance, and WHMIS Certification.
- Class 5 drivers licence and means of transportation is required.
- National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) an asset.
- Recreation background is an asset.
- Organized sports background is an asset.
- 3 or more years experience leading children’s programming in a recreational, sport or camp setting.
- 1 or more years with previous supervisory experience and/or staff/volunteer leadership experience.
- Able to deal with difficult situations and customer complaints with confidence.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Windows, CLASS).
- Proficient in lesson planning/programming.
Applications can be submitted on YMCA of Northern Alberta’s careers page:- https://northernalberta.ymca.ca/careers